Contents on 22 July '13
- Traffic Report -- no objects
- Radar Astrometry -- one object
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- nine observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Asteroid/Comet Connection (A/CC) Resources:
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page (archive)
Of 504 risk-listed objects, 19 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1354 UTC on 22 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated & nearby objects + potential mission destinations
- News image catalog
- News old archive & Small Objects Archive
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers - last updated 20 Feb. (discontinued)
- Observing Campaigns
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Traffic Report on 22 July '13
No objects reported inside ten LD
No asteroids are reported traveling within ten lunar distances (LD) of our planet today. Headed our way next, 2006 BL8 may arrive inside ten LD on July 24th (uncertainty +/- two days) and 2003 DZ15 arrives on July 28th.
This report was generated at 1401 UTC.
Notes: Ten times the distance to the Moon (ten LD) has no astronomical significance but is a useful reporting boundary. Object distances are interpreted by A/CC from JPL Horizons data. See also current sky chart and object details (alt-details), ephemerides, and today's timeline.
Radar Astrometry on 22 July '13
Radar observation of one object
Data update noted at 1701 UTC when the database was dated 22 July
- 2013 LB2 from Arecibo (June 9.12 velocity, 9.13 range, 12.14 velocity, 12.15 range & 12.16 range)
NEOCP Activity on 22 July '13
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 16 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had sixteen objects listed. Of these, three were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of 25 listings on the NEOCP today.
New MPECs on 22 July '13
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K13O00H 2013 OH (arc=4 days, H=21.0 ~214m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 20.38-39p3)
- Observation campaigns (radar support, potential mission destinations)
- S5263 285263 1998 QE2 (radar) from ARO Westfield (July 20.24-25p6)
- F3349 153349 2001 PJ9 (radar) from Bernezzo Obs. (July 20.88p6), Olmen Obs. (July 20.88-89p7), and Oberfrauendorf Obs. (July 21.93p4)
-- Planetary radar schedules: Arecibo & Goldstone
- Observations of small (H>22.0) & smallish (21.7<H<=22.0) asteroids
- K13O02O 2013 OO2 (arc=3 days, H=23.1 ~81m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.32-34p4)
- K13O02N 2013 ON2 (arc=3 days, H=24.8 ~37m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.34-35p3)
- K13N19E 2013 NE19 (q=0.366 AU, arc=6 days, H=23.1 ~81m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.35-36p5)
- K13N06G 2013 NG6 (arc=13 days, H=22.2 ~123m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (July 15.42-43p3)
- K13O02V 2013 OV2 (arc=3 days, H=21.8 ~148m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.19-20p5)
- Observations of other asteroidal objects
- K13O02W 2013 OW2 (arc=3 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.30-32p3)
- K13O02M 2013 OM2 (arc=4 days, H=20.0 ~339m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.36-37p3)
- K13O00G 2013 OG (arc=4 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.18-19p4)
- K13N23X 2013 NX23 (arc=6 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.38-39p4)
- K13N19F 2013 NF19 (arc=5 days, H=21.6 ~162m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.34-35p3)
- K13K01R 2013 KR1 (arc=66 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Kevin Hills via RAS Obs. Moorook (July 19.50p3)
- K05T45G 2005 TG45 (IEO, Q=0.935 AU, arc=4 opp, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from Nonndorf Obs. (July 21.02p2)
- Z9592 359592 2010 VA1 from ARO Westfield (July 20.23-24p5)
- Z4952 354952 2006 FJ9 from ARO Westfield (July 20.16-17p5)
- R4855 274855 2009 RB4 from ARO Westfield (July 20.15p3)
- O3147 243147 2007 TX18 from ARO Westfield (July 20.13-14p7)
- G2269 162269 1999 VO6 from ARO Westfield (July 20.21-22p5)
- F9609 159609 2002 AQ3 from ARO Westfield (July 20.16-17p5)
- 85804 85804 1998 WQ5 from Estrella de Mar Obs. (July 21.01p1 & 21.07-09p2)
- 17188 17188 1999 WC2 from ARO Westfield (July 20.14-16p7)
- 11405 11405 1999 CV3 from ARO Westfield (July 20.13-14p8)
Observers on 22 July '13
Nine observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|251||Arecibo in Puerto Rico, 1 in radar -- 2013 LB2|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 19 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 2013 OW2, 2013 OV2, 2013 OO2, 2013 ON2, 2013 OM2, 2013 OH, 2013 OG, 2013 NX23, 2013 NF19, 2013 NE19, 359592, 354952, 285263, 274855, 243147, 17188, 162269, 159609, 11405|
|C77||Bernezzo Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 153349|
|Z81||Estrella de Mar Obs., 1 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 85804|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 2013 NG6|
|C47||Nonndorf Obs. in Austria, 1 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 2005 TG45|
|G34||Oberfrauendorf Obs., 1 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 153349|
|C23||Olmen Obs. in Belgium, 1 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 153349|
|D90`||Kevin Hills in England via RAS Obs. Moorook in South Australia, 1 in MPEC 2013-O33 -- 2013 KR1|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 22 July '13
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.