Contents on 21 July '13
- Traffic Report -- no objects
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- thirteen observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Asteroid/Comet Connection (A/CC) Resources:
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page (archive)
Of 504 risk-listed objects, 19 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1444 UTC on 21 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated & nearby objects + potential mission destinations
- News image catalog
- News old archive & Small Objects Archive
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers - last updated 20 Feb. (discontinued)
- Observing Campaigns
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Traffic Report on 21 July '13
No objects reported inside ten LD
There are no objects reported traveling within ten lunar distances (LD) of our planet today. Up next, 2006 BL8 may arrive inside ten LD on July 24th (uncertainty +/- two days), and 2003 DZ15 arrives on July 28th.
This report was generated at 1445 UTC with follow-up in today's DOU MPEC for 2003 DZ15.
Notes: Ten times the distance to the Moon (ten LD) has no astronomical significance but is a useful reporting boundary. Object distances are interpreted by A/CC from JPL Horizons data. See also current sky chart and object details (alt-details), ephemerides, and today's timeline.
NEOCP Activity on 21 July '13
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 25 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had 25 objects listed. Of these, eight were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 21 July '13
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K13N04K 2013 NK4 (arc=19 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (July 20.83p2)
- K03D15Z 2003 DZ15 (small asteroid, arc=2 opp, H=22.3 ~117m, close passer) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 20.22-24p8), Arcadia Obs. (July 20.54-55p3), and Ceccano Obs. (July 20.98-99p2)
- Observation campaigns (radar support, potential mission destinations)
- S5263 285263 1998 QE2 (radar) from Olmen Obs. (July 19.93-94p4 & 20.89-93p6)
- F3349 153349 2001 PJ9 (radar) from Olmen Obs. (July 20.96-97p5)
- 18109 18109 2000 NG11 (PMD) from SSS (July 20.81p1)
-- Potential mission destinations list & ephemerides + NHATS -- Planetary radar schedules: Arecibo & Goldstone
- Observations of small (H>22.0) & smallish (21.7<H<=22.0) asteroids
- K13N19E 2013 NE19 (q=0.365 AU, arc=6 days, H=23.2 ~78m) from SATINO-1 (July 21.02-03p3) and St. Pardon de Conques Obs. (July 21.07-10p7)
- K13O02V 2013 OV2 (arc=3 days, H=21.8 ~148m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.12-13p3)
- Observations of other asteroidal objects
- K13O00G 2013 OG (arc=4 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from ARO Westfield (July 20.14-15p3) and Nonndorf Obs. (July 20.94-96p4)
- K13N23X 2013 NX23 (arc=6 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from St. Pardon de Conques Obs. (July 21.11-14p3)
- K13N11T 2013 NT11 (i=53.4°, arc=12 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from SSS (July 20.55-57p2)
- K13K01R 2013 KR1 (arc=66 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from Robert Holmes via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) (July 21.16-17p3)
- K07R17U 2007 RU17 (q=0.351 AU, arc=3 opp, H=18.1 ~812m) from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (July 20.59-60p4)
- G2980 162980 2001 RR17 from PS1 (July 20.59-60p4)
- 86666 86666 2000 FL10 from Muxagata Obs. (July 20.01-04p2)
- 17511 17511 1992 QN from PS1 (July 20.58-60p2)
- 17188 17188 1999 WC2 from Oberfrauendorf Obs. (July 20.86p3)
- 11405 11405 1999 CV3 from San Vito Obs. (July 20.85-86p4)
- 04953 4953 1990 MU from SSS (July 20.67-69p2)
Observers on 21 July '13
Thirteen observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|E23||Arcadia Obs. in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2003 DZ15|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 3 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2013 OV2, 2013 OG, 2003 DZ15|
|470||Ceccano Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2003 DZ15|
|807|||Robert Holmes in Illinois via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. in Chile, 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2013 KR1|
|J15||Muxagata Obs., 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 86666|
|C47||Nonndorf Obs. in Austria, 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2013 OG|
|G34||Oberfrauendorf Obs., 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 17188|
|C23||Olmen Obs. in Belgium, 2 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 285263, 153349|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 3 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2007 RU17, 17511, 162980|
|C95||SATINO-1 in France, 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2013 NE19|
|233||San Vito Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 11405|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 4 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2013 NT11, 2013 NK4, 18109, 4953|
|I93||St. Pardon de Conques Obs. in France, 2 in MPEC 2013-O32 -- 2013 NX23, 2013 NE19|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 21 July '13
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.