Contents on 1 June '13
- Traffic Report -- no objects
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- fifteen observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Asteroid/Comet Connection (A/CC) Resources:
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page (archive)
Of 505 risk-listed objects, 13 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1400 UTC on 1 June.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated & nearby objects + potential mission destinations
- News image catalog
- News old archive & Small Objects Archive
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers - updated 20 Feb.
- Observing Campaigns
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Traffic Report on 1 June '13
No objects reported inside ten LD
No objects are reported within ten lunar distances (LD) of Earth today, but returning 2009 FE arrives inside ten LD tomorrow.
This report was generated at 1401 UTC.
Notes: Ten times the distance to the Moon (ten LD) has no astronomical significance but is a useful reporting boundary. Object distances are interpreted by A/CC from JPL Horizons data. See also current sky chart and object details (alt-details), ephemerides, and today's timeline.
NEOCP Activity on 1 June '13
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 27 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had 27 objects listed. Of these, fourteen were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 1 June '13
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observation campaigns (radar support, potential mission destinations)
- S5263 285263 1998 QE2 (radar) from Zonalunar Obs. (May 30.85-89p3), Chante-Perdrix Obs. (May 31.86-89p7), and Olmen Obs. (May 31.90p2)
- G3249 163249 2002 GT (PMD) from Modra Obs. (June 1.04p2)
-- Potential mission destinations list & ephemerides + NHATS -- Planetary radar schedules: Arecibo & Goldstone
- Observations of small (H>22.0) & smallish (21.7<H<=22.0) asteroids
- K13J22U 2013 JU22 (arc=19 days, H=25.1 ~32m) from the Spacewatch 1.8m telescope (May 31.41p2)
- K13E28L 2013 EL28 (arc=84 days, H=22.4 ~112m) from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (May 31.23-25p4)
- K04K17H 2004 KH17 (q=0.357 AU, arc=4 opp, H=21.9 ~141m) from South Obs. (May 31.95-96p6)
- Observations of other asteroidal objects
- K13K01Z 2013 KZ1 (arc=13 days, H=21.5 ~170m) from SATINO-1 (May 29.07p2)
- K13K01Y 2013 KY1 (Q=4.008 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from the Spacewatch 0.9m telescope (2004 Feb. 11.38-44p3 at V=21.8-22.1)
- K13J36B 2013 JB36 (arc=16 days, H=20.4 ~282m) from Wiggins Obs. (May 31.28-29p4)
- K13J29G 2013 JG29 (arc=16 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (May 31.34-35p3)
- K13J28X 2013 JX28 (IEO, q=0.262 AU, Q=0.940 AU, arc=2 opp, H=20.1 ~323m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 1.17-18p3)
- K13J22Q 2013 JQ22 (arc=21 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from Desert Moon Obs. (May 31.32-35p3)
- K13J02X 2013 JX2 (arc=29 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from Desert Moon Obs. (May 31.18-21p3)
- K13G69F 2013 GF69 (arc=51 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (May 31.22-25p3)
- K08M05B 2008 MB5 (arc=4 opp, H=19.2 ~490m) from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (May 31.49p1 & 31.53-54p2)
- K05J46E 2005 JE46 (arc=3 opp, H=17.7 ~977m) from Desert Moon Obs. (May 31.45-46p3)
- K00W63L 2000 WL63 (arc=3 opp, H=19.9 ~355m) from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (May 31.27-29p3)
- J93F00S 1993 FS (arc=3 opp, H=19.7 ~389m) from Desert Moon Obs. (May 31.38-43p3) and PS1 (May 31.49p1 & 31.54-55p2)
- Z0513 350513 2000 BG19 from Desert Moon Obs. (May 31.14-16p3)
- X7119 337119 1999 TK12 from PS1 (May 31.27-28p3)
- M0909 220909 2005 EO1 from PS1 (May 31.26-28p4)
- K4131 204131 2003 YL from PS1 (May 31.26-28p3)
- D7044 137044 1998 UC50 from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (May 31.50-53p4)
- 03551 3551 Verenia (1983 RD) from the Palomar Transient Factory (PTF) (May 30.18p1, 30.23p1, 30.28p1, 30.33p1 & 30.37p1)
Observers on 1 June '13
Fifteen observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2000 WL63|
|A77||Chante-Perdrix Obs. in France, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 285263|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 5 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2013 JX2, 2013 JQ22, 2005 JE46, 1993 FS, 350513|
|118||Modra Obs. in Slovakia, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 163249|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2013 EL28|
|C23||Olmen Obs. in Belgium, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 285263|
|I41||Palomar Transient Factory in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 3551|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 5 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2008 MB5, 1993 FS, 337119, 220909, 204131|
|C95||SATINO-1 in France, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2013 KZ1|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 137044|
|J84||South Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2004 KH17|
|691||Spacewatch 0.9m telescope in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2013 KY1|
|291||Spacewatch 1.8m telescope in Arizona, 4 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2013 JX28, 2013 JU22, 2013 JG29, 2013 GF69|
|718||Wiggins Obs. in Utah, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 2013 JB36|
|J08||Zonalunar Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2013-L01 -- 285263|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 1 June '13
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.