Contents on 28 April '13
- Traffic Report -- one object
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Asteroid/Comet Connection (A/CC) Resources:
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page (archive)
Of 505 risk-listed objects, 20 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1448 UTC on 28 April.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated & nearby objects + potential mission destinations
- News image catalog
- News old archive & Small Objects Archive
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers - updated 20 Feb.
- Observing Campaigns
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Traffic Report on 28 April '13
One object reported inside ten LD
There is one asteroid reported inside ten lunar distances (LD) from our planet today. 2013 GH66 is outbound from 7.26 to 7.64 LD. No other objects are known to be coming within ten LD until late July
This report was generated at 1450 UTC with observation of distant 68216 2001 CV26 in today's DOU MPEC.
Notes: Ten times the distance to the Moon (ten LD) has no astronomical significance but is a useful reporting boundary. Object distances are interpreted by A/CC from JPL Horizons data. See also current sky chart and object details (alt-details), ephemerides, and today's timeline.
NEOCP Activity on 28 April '13
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty. There were three listings noted earlier today.
New MPECs on 28 April '13
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2033 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of risk-listed objects
- 99942 99942 Apophis (2004 MN4) (PMD) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (April 26.07-08p3)
- Observations of close-passing objects
- 68216 68216 2001 CV26 from ARO Westfield (April 26.12-14p5)
- Observation campaigns (radar support, potential mission destinations)
- G3249 163249 2002 GT (PMD) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 27.43-44p3)
-- Potential mission destinations list & ephemerides + NHATS
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K13G38R 2013 GR38 (arc=18 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from ARO Westfield (April 26.14-16p4)
- Observations of other asteroidal objects
- K13H14V 2013 HV14 (arc=7 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Great Shefford Obs. (April 27.90p2)
- K13G38U 2013 GU38 (arc=20 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 27.21p1 & 27.25p1)
- K13F11D 2013 FD11 (arc=38 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (April 27.36-37p2)
- K12T78V 2012 TV78 (arc=2 opp, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (April 26.09-10p3)
- K11B24K 2011 BK24 (arc=2 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 27.13-17p3)
- Z7414 357414 2003 XE from PS1 (April 27.54-56p2)
- Y9068 349068 2006 YT13 from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (Jan. 19.29-30p4)
- Y3098 343098 2009 DV42 from PS1 (April 27.28-29p2)
- M3456 223456 2003 UB10 from MLS (Jan. 20.52-55p3)
- E3637 143637 2003 LP6 from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (April 15.44-46p4)
- E1531 141531 2002 GB from Desert Moon Obs. (April 27.39-41p4)
- 40267 40267 1999 GJ4 from Purple Mtn. Obs. Xuyi Station (April 27.62-66p3)
- 24761 24761 Ahau (1993 BW2) from CSS (April 17.14-16p4)
- 07888 7888 1993 UC from PS1 (April 27.46-48p6) and Xuyi Sta. (April 27.67-71p3)
- 06050 6050 Miwablock (1992 AE) from PS1 (April 27.41-42p2)
- 02329 2329 Orthos (1976 WA) from Xuyi Sta. (April 27.57-60p3)
- 01866 1866 Sisyphus (1972 XA) from Xuyi Sta. (April 27.68-71p3)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from ARO Westfield (April 26.10-12p5) and Geyserland Obs. (April 27.34-39p8)
Observers on 28 April '13
Eight observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 5 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 2013 GR38, 2012 TV78, 99942, 68216, 1036|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) in Arizona, 2 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 24761, 143637|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 4 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 2013 GU38, 2011 BK24, 163249, 141531|
|E89||Geyserland Obs. in New Zealand, 1 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 1036|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 2013 HV14|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) in Arizona, 2 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 349068, 223456|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 5 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 2013 FD11, 357414, 343098, 7888, 6050|
|D29||Purple Mtn. Obs. Xuyi Station in China, 4 in MPEC 2013-H48 -- 40267, 7888, 2329, 1866|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 28 April '13
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2033 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today, except that observation of one risk-listed object has been reported (see today's DOU MPEC above). Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.