Contents on 26 April '13
- Traffic Report -- one object
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Asteroid/Comet Connection (A/CC) Resources:
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page (archive)
Of 505 risk-listed objects, 20 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1344 UTC on 26 April.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated & nearby objects + potential mission destinations
- News image catalog
- News old archive & Small Objects Archive
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers - updated 20 Feb.
- Observing Campaigns
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Traffic Report on 26 April '13
One object reported inside ten LD
One object is hanging out within ten lunar distances (LD) of Earth today. 2013 GH66 is slowly outbound from 6.51 to 6.88 LD. Next up, we know of no other objects coming inside the ten-LD radius until late July.
This report was generated at 1352 UTC with observation of distant 68216 2001 CV26 in today's DOU MPEC.
Notes: Ten times the distance to the Moon (ten LD) has no astronomical significance but is a useful reporting boundary. Object distances are interpreted by A/CC from JPL Horizons data. See also current sky chart and object details (alt-details), ephemerides, and today's timeline.
NEOCP Activity on 26 April '13
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings
When last checked at 2322 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had two objects listed. Both of these were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 26 April '13
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2323 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K13G35J 2013 GJ35 (i=41.2°, arc=19 days, H=15.8 ~2.34 km, q=1.096 AU) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (April 25.81p1)
- Observations of close-passing objects
- 68216 68216 2001 CV26 from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (April 25.21-23p4)
- Observations of small (H>22.0) & smallish (21.7<H<=22.0) asteroids
- K13H14U 2013 HU14 (arc=3 days, H=24.3 ~47m) from SSS (April 24.63-64p3)
- K13G38Q 2013 GQ38 (arc=18 days, H=23.3 ~74m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.12-13p4 & 25.18-19p3)
- K13H00Q 2013 HQ (arc=9 days, H=22.0 ~135m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.23-24p3)
- K13G38R 2013 GR38 (arc=17 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from Kevin Hills via RAS Obs. Moorook (April 25.51-52p3)
- Observations of other asteroidal objects
- K13G84E 2013 GE84 (arc=12 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.17-18p4)
- K13G80A 2013 GA80 (arc=11 days, H=21.5 ~170m) from Hills/RAS Moorook (April 25.55-56p4)
- K13G79Z 2013 GZ79 (arc=25 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.37-39p3)
- K13G68Y 2013 GY68 (Q=4.229 AU, arc=14 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.36-37p2)
- K13G34C 2013 GC34 (Q=4.160 AU, arc=19 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.29-30p4)
- K13F13Y 2013 FY13 (arc=32 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.23-24p6) and Wiggins Obs. (April 25.24p3)
- K13F11D 2013 FD11 (arc=36 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Hills/RAS Moorook (April 25.54-55p3)
- K13E89V 2013 EV89 (Q=4.202 AU, arc=49 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from SSS (April 24.49-50p2) and Hills/RAS Moorook (April 25.58-59p3)
- K13E89S 2013 ES89 (Q=4.175 AU, arc=43 days, H=18.9 ~562m) from Hills/RAS Moorook (April 25.52-53p4)
- K13E09U 2013 EU9 (arc=52 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from Hills/RAS Moorook (April 25.57-58p3)
- K09SA4Q 2009 SQ104 (arc=2 opp, H=21.1 ~204m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.07-08p6)
- K09B02L 2009 BL2 (arc=2 opp, H=19.4 ~446m) from Galati Obs. (April 24.91-92p14) and ARO Westfield (April 25.09-10p4)
- K07J20Z 2007 JZ20 (i=40.5°, arc=4 opp, H=18.6 ~645m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.31-33p5)
- K06G02X 2006 GX2 (arc=2 opp, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.25-29p6)
- K02J15W 2002 JW15 (arc=5 opp, H=20.1 ~323m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.16-17p3)
- K01G02Q 2001 GQ2 (arc=4 opp, H=20.1 ~323m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.09-11p3)
- K00W63L 2000 WL63 (arc=3 opp, H=20.0 ~339m) from ARO Westfield (April 25.27-28p3)
- Z9592 359592 2010 VA1 from ARO Westfield (April 25.25-27p4)
- Z7005 357005 1999 HA2 from ARO Westfield (April 25.37-39p4)
- Y3158 343158 2009 HC82 from ARO Westfield (April 25.30-32p3)
- R4855 274855 2009 RB4 from ARO Westfield (April 25.15-16p5)
- G3696 163696 2003 EB50 from ARO Westfield (April 25.22-24p6)
- E1447 141447 2002 CW59 from ARO Westfield (April 25.12-14p3)
- 54686 54686 2001 DU8 from ARO Westfield (April 25.20-21p3)
- 40267 40267 1999 GJ4 from ARO Westfield (April 25.11-12p4)
- 19764 19764 2000 NF5 from ARO Westfield (April 25.20-21p4)
- 11405 11405 1999 CV3 from ARO Westfield (April 25.09-10p3)
- 07977 7977 1977 QQ5 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (April 25.59-60p2)
- 07888 7888 1993 UC from Montevenere Obs. (April 24.85-88p9) and ARO Westfield (April 25.20-22p6)
- 06047 6047 1991 TB1 from ARO Westfield (April 25.14-16p4)
- 05645 5645 1990 SP from ARO Westfield (April 25.12-14p7)
- 05332 5332 Davidaguilar (1990 DA) from PS1 (April 25.60-61p2)
- 04486 4486 Mithra (1987 SB) from ARO Westfield (April 25.06-08p5)
- 04034 4034 Vishnu (1986 PA) from ARO Westfield (April 25.33-34p5)
- 02329 2329 Orthos (1976 WA) from ARO Westfield (April 25.07-08p4)
- 01866 1866 Sisyphus (1972 XA) from M57 Obs. (April 25.01-04p3) and ARO Westfield (April 25.18-20p7)
Observers on 26 April '13
Eight observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 32 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 2013 HQ, 2013 GZ79, 2013 GY68, 2013 GQ38, 2013 GE84, 2013 GC34, 2013 FY13, 2009 SQ104, 2009 BL2, 2007 JZ20, 2006 GX2, 2002 JW15, 2001 GQ2, 2000 WL63, 68216, 54686, 40267, 359592, 357005, 343158, 274855, 19764, 163696, 141447, 11405, 7888, 6047, 5645, 4486, 4034, 2329, 1866|
|C73||Galati Obs. in Romania, 1 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 2009 BL2|
|K38||M57 Obs., 1 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 1866|
|C91||Montevenere Obs., 1 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 7888|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 2 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 7977, 5332|
|D90`||Kevin Hills in England via RAS Obs. Moorook in South Australia, 6 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 2013 GR38, 2013 GA80, 2013 FD11, 2013 EV89, 2013 EU9, 2013 ES89|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 3 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 2013 HU14, 2013 GJ35, 2013 EV89|
|718||Wiggins Obs. in Utah, 1 in MPEC 2013-H46 -- 2013 FY13|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 26 April '13
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2323 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.