Contents on 30 November '12
- Traffic Report -- two objects
- Radar Astrometry -- one object
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- seven observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Asteroid/Comet Connection (A/CC) Resources:
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page (archive)
Of 472 risk-listed objects, 30 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1725 UTC on 30 Nov.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated & nearby objects + potential mission destinations
- News image catalog
- News old archive & Small Objects Archive
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers - updated 14 Sept.
- Observing Campaigns
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Traffic Report on 30 November '12
Two objects reported inside ten LD
There are two objects reported moving within ten lunar distances (LD) of Earth today. 2012 WH1 is outbound from 7.70 to 8.16 LD, and risk-listed 2012 WR10 from 9.25 to 9.93 LD. Approaching next, 2009 BS5 arrives inside ten LD on December 7th.
This report was generated at 1728 UTC with follow-up in today's DOU MPEC for 2012 WH1.
Notes: Ten times the distance to the Moon (ten LD) has no astronomical significance but is a useful reporting boundary. Object distances are interpreted by A/CC from JPL Horizons data. See also current sky chart and object details (alt-details), ephemerides, and today's timeline.
Radar Astrometry on 30 November '12
Radar observation of one object
Data update noted at 2104 UTC when the database was dated 30 Nov.
- 2012 TG53 from Arecibo (Oct. 18.16 velocity)
NEOCP Activity on 30 November '12
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 9 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had nine objects listed. Of these, four were "one nighters."
New MPECs on 30 November '12
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of close-passing objects
- K12W01H 2012 WH1 (arc=11 days, H=23.9 ~56m) from Sayn Solar Obs. (Nov. 29.61-63p6), South Obs. (Nov. 29.82-83p6), and Great Shefford Obs. (Nov. 29.84-85p3)
- Observations of other asteroidal objects
- K12W03P 2012 WP3 (arc=12 days, H=17.5 ~1.07 km) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (Nov. 29.33-35p5)
- K12V82M 2012 VM82 (arc=15 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.07-09p4)
- K12V82K 2012 VK82 (arc=15 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.10-12p3)
- K12V82J 2012 VJ82 (arc=15 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.10-11p4)
- K12V82F 2012 VF82 (arc=16 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.07-09p3)
- K12U34A 2012 UA34 (q=0.156 AU, arc=43 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.13-14p3)
- K12TL9A 2012 TA219 (Q=4.123 AU, arc=52 days, H=18.1 ~812m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.06-07p2)
- K12TE6J 2012 TJ146 (Q=4.419 AU, arc=49 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.04-05p5)
- K12S59A 2012 SA59 (Q=4.085 AU, arc=63 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.15-17p5)
- K12Q49F 2012 QF49 (arc=2 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.05-06p3)
- K12Q17B 2012 QB17 (arc=97 days, H=20.0 ~339m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.05-06p3)
- K12H33Y 2012 HY33 (arc=216 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.03-04p4)
- K08H04V 2008 HV4 (arc=2 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.12-14p3)
- J98V31E 1998 VE31 (arc=2 opp, H=20.9 ~224m) from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.15-16p3)
- X3358 333358 2001 WN1 from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.16-18p6)
- W9614 329614 2003 KU2 from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.39-40p3)
- W9338 329338 2001 JW2 from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.12-17p8)
- U3262 303262 2004 RJ84 from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.09-10p4)
- R6397 276397 2002 XA40 from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.11-12p5)
- Q2623 262623 2006 WY2 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (Nov. 28.56-57p2)
- P6412 256412 2007 BT2 from PS1 (Nov. 28.34-36p2)
- I9173 189173 2002 XY4 from PS1 (Nov. 28.50-52p2) and ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.37-39p3)
- F9533 159533 2001 HH31 from PS1 (Nov. 28.49-50p2)
- F2742 152742 1998 XE12 from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.36-38p3)
- D7805 137805 1999 YK5 from PS1 (Nov. 28.66-67p2)
- D7032 137032 1998 UO1 from PS1 (Nov. 28.29-30p2)
- D6773 136773 1996 TR6 from PS1 (Nov. 26.39-40p2)
- B2985 112985 2002 RS28 from PS1 (Nov. 28.42-43p2)
- 68548 68548 2001 XR31 from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.40-41p3)
- 18882 18882 1999 YN4 from PS1 (Nov. 28.22-24p2)
- 10115 10115 1992 SK from Tenagra II Obs. (Nov. 29.50-53p3)
- 06047 6047 1991 TB1 from PS1 (Nov. 28.24-25p2)
- 05587 5587 1990 SB from ARO Westfield (Nov. 29.03-04p4)
- 05131 5131 1990 BG from PS1 (Nov. 28.42-43p2)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from PS1 (Nov. 28.64-65p2)
Observers on 30 November '12
Seven observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|251||Arecibo in Puerto Rico, 1 in radar -- 2012 TG53|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 23 in MPEC 2012-W58 -- 2012 WP3, 2012 VM82, 2012 VK82, 2012 VJ82, 2012 VF82, 2012 UA34, 2012 TJ146, 2012 TA219, 2012 SA59, 2012 QF49, 2012 QB17, 2012 HY33, 2008 HV4, 1998 VE31, 68548, 333358, 329614, 329338, 303262, 276397, 189173, 152742, 5587|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2012-W58 -- 2012 WH1|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 12 in MPEC 2012-W58 -- 262623, 256412, 189173, 18882, 159533, 137805, 137032, 136773, 112985, 6047, 5131, 1036|
|C48||Sayn Solar Obs. in Russia, 1 in MPEC 2012-W58 -- 2012 WH1|
|J84||South Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2012-W58 -- 2012 WH1|
|926||Tenagra II Obs. in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2012-W58 -- 10115|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 30 November '12
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.