Contents on 10 January '12
- Radar Astrometry -- four objects
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- ten observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page (archive)
Of 424 risk-listed objects, 20 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1710 UTC on 10 Jan.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood close passer Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1826 UTC on 10 Jan.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated & nearby objects + potential mission destinations
- News image catalog
- News old archive & Small Objects Archive
- Object Links - mainly for radar targets & close passers - updated 8 Jan.
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Radar Astrometry on 10 January '12
Radar observation of four objects
Data update noted at 0126 UTC when the database was dated 9 Jan.
- 2001 YE4 from Arecibo (Jan. 4.93 range)
Data update noted at 2004 UTC when the database was dated 10 Jan.
- 170502 2003 WM7 from Arecibo (Dec. 8.91 velocity & 8.96 range)
Data update noted at 2124 UTC when the database was dated 10 Jan.
- 7341 1991 VK from Arecibo (Jan. 4.83 range) - see links
Data update noted at 2305 UTC when the database was dated 10 Jan.
- 2011 WS74 from Arecibo (Dec. 10.85 velocity & 10.86 range)
NEOCP Activity on 10 January '12
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 6 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had six objects listed. Of these, two were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of nine listings on the NEOCP today.
New MPECs on 10 January '12
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11Y00A 2011 YA (arc=25 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from Verona Obs. (Jan. 6.93-94p4 & 9.94-95p4), Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. (Jan. 9.92p3), and Doc Greiner Research Obs. Rancho Hildalgo (DGRO-RH) (Jan. 10.07p9)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K12A03C 2012 AC3 (arc=7 days, H=23.0 ~85m) from DGRO-RH (Jan. 10.06p3)
- K11Y40H 2011 YH40 (arc=11 days, H=23.0 ~85m, close passer, radar support) from Verona Obs. (Jan. 9.89-90p4)
- Observations supporting planetary radar
- K01Y04E 2001 YE4 (q=0.311 AU, arc=2 opp, H=20.7 ~245m, radar) from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (Jan. 9.13-14p4)
- 07341 7341 1991 VK (radar) from Castelmartini Obs. (Jan. 9.76p3)
-- Planetary radar schedules: Arecibo & Goldstone
- Observations of other objects
- K12A01E 2012 AE1 (arc=9 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from Verona Obs. (Jan. 9.87-88p4)
- K11Y62U 2011 YU62 (Q=4.776 AU, arc=11 days, H=17.5 ~1.07 km) from Grove Creek Obs. (Jan. 9.48-49p3)
- K11Y06E 2011 YE6 (Q=4.862 AU, arc=39 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Jan. 8.84-85p3)
- K11Y01W 2011 YW1 (arc=23 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from DGRO-RH (Jan. 10.06-07p4)
- K11X03O 2011 XO3 (Q=5.392 AU, arc=39 days, H=16.8 ~1.48 km) from Byrne Obs. (Jan. 9.11-12p11)
- K11WD4V 2011 WV134 (Q=4.676 AU, arc=2 opp, H=17.0 ~1.35 km) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Jan. 8.91-93p3) and Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. (Jan. 9.90p3)
- K11SA2L 2011 SL102 (arc=3 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. (Jan. 9.91p3)
- K09W06R 2009 WR6 (arc=3 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from CSS (Jan. 9.18-20p4)
- K08W13Z 2008 WZ13 (arc=2 opp, H=18.5 ~676m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Jan. 9.00-02p3)
- K05Y00S 2005 YS (q=0.320 AU, arc=3 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from CSS (Jan. 9.15-17p4)
- K05P00O 2005 PO (arc=3 opp, H=19.8 ~371m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Jan. 8.88-90p2)
- K04J02O 2004 JO2 (arc=3 opp, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (Jan. 9.30-32p2)
- K03B01L 2003 BL1 (arc=4 opp, H=19.3 ~467m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Jan. 9.08-10p3)
- E2563 142563 2002 TR69 from CSS (Jan. 9.43-45p4)
- D7084 137084 1998 XS16 from CSS (Jan. 9.21-23p4)
- 96315 96315 1997 AP10 from PS1 (Jan. 9.20-22p2)
- 90147 90147 2002 YK14 from CSS (Jan. 9.17-20p3)
- 03200 3200 Phaethon (1983 TB) from CSS (Jan. 9.18-20p4)
Observers on 10 January '12
Ten observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|251||Arecibo in Puerto Rico, 4 in radar -- 2011 WS74, 2001 YE4, 170502, 7341|
|G51||Byrne Obs. in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2011 XO3|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 7341|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) in Arizona, 7 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2009 WR6, 2005 YS, 2001 YE4, 90147, 142563, 137084, 3200|
|G48||Doc Greiner Research Obs. Rancho Hildalgo (DGRO-RH) in New Mexico, 3 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2012 AC3, 2011 YW1, 2011 YA|
|E16||Grove Creek Obs. in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2011 YU62|
|560||Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2011 YA, 2011 WV134, 2011 SL102|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 2 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2004 JO2, 96315|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 5 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2011 YE6, 2011 WV134, 2008 WZ13, 2005 PO, 2003 BL1|
|A48||Verona Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2012-A43 -- 2012 AE1, 2011 YH40, 2011 YA|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 10 January '12
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 10 January '12
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|2305||Noted Radar Astrometry database update - see above|
|2124||Noted Radar Astrometry database update - see above|
|2004||Noted Radar Astrometry database update - see above|
|1707||Grabbed MPEC 2012-A43 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|
|0126||Noted Radar Astrometry database update - see above|