Contents on 20 September '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- ten observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 404 risk-listed objects, 7 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1539 UTC on 20 Sept.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report -- inactive
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 20 September '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 45 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had 45 objects listed. Of these, 31 were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of 65 listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 20 September '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11Q14F 2011 QF14 (arc=27 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from LINEAR (Sept. 19.22-27p4)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11S05O 2011 SO5 (arc=2 days, H=25.5 ~27m) from St. Pardon de Conques Obs. (Sept. 19.95-97p3)
- K11R14V 2011 RV14 (arc=9 days, H=24.6 ~41m) from the Spacewatch 1.8m telescope (Sept. 19.17p2)
- K11R00X 2011 RX (arc=15 days, H=23.3 ~74m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (Sept. 19.47-49p3)
- K11F29S 2011 FS29 (arc=156 days, H=22.6 ~102m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (Sept. 1.59-60p2 at R=22.3 & 3.59p2 at R=22.3-5)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K11Q02E 2011 QE2 (arc=31 days, H=22.0 ~135m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (Sept. 19.24-25p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K11S03F 2011 SF3 (Q=4.330 AU, arc=1 day, H=20.6 ~257m) from Kevin Hills via RAS Obs. Moorook (Sept. 18.63-64p3)
- K11Q39Y 2011 QY39 (arc=21 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from Hills/RAS Moorook (Sept. 14.50-52p3)
- K11Q13Z 2011 QZ13 (arc=30 days, H=20.1 ~323m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (Sept. 19.36-37p3 & 20.16-17p3)
- K11O18C 2011 OC18 (arc=51 days, H=21.0 ~214m) from LINEAR (Sept. 19.29-34p5)
- K11O04V 2011 OV4 (arc=56 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (Sept. 19.21-23p4)
- K11M05D 2011 MD5 (arc=82 days, H=17.8 ~933m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (Sept. 20.11p2)
- K11L19C 2011 LC19 (Q=5.556 AU, arc=101 days, H=18.5 ~676m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (Sept. 19.39p1)
- K11E78Z 2011 EZ78 (arc=188 days, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Robert Holmes via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) (Sept. 19.34-35p3)
- K08V00H 2008 VH (arc=2 opp, H=20.1 ~323m) from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (Sept. 19.20-25p7)
- K08R98G 2008 RG98 (arc=3 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from MLS (Sept. 19.32-34p4)
- K04R10U 2004 RU10 (q=0.310 AU, arc=5 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from Holmes/CTIO (Sept. 19.37-38p3)
- K00DB0Q 2000 DQ110 (i=58.3°, Q=5.477 AU, arc=3 opp, H=16.7 ~1.55 km) from MLS (Sept. 19.23-25p4 & 19.40-41p4)
- S4114 284114 2005 TZ51 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (Sept. 18.26-27p2 & 18.34p1)
- G2162 162162 1999 DB7 from CSS (Sept. 19.25-27p4)
- E1354 141354 2002 AJ29 from PS1 (Sept. 19.36-40p3)
Observers on 20 September '11
Ten observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) in Arizona, 2 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 OV4, 162162|
|807|||Robert Holmes in Illinois via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) in Chile, 2 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 EZ78, 2004 RU10|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 2 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 QF14, 2011 OC18|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 FS29|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) in Arizona, 3 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2008 VH, 2008 RG98, 2000 DQ110|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 2 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 284114, 141354|
|D90`||Kevin Hills in England via RAS Obs. Moorook in South Australia, 2 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 SF3, 2011 QY39|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 LC19|
|291||Spacewatch 1.8m telescope in Arizona, 5 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 RX, 2011 RV14, 2011 QZ13, 2011 QE2, 2011 MD5|
|I93||St. Pardon de Conques Obs. in France, 1 in MPEC 2011-S17 -- 2011 SO5|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 20 September '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 20 September '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1539||Grabbed MPEC 2011-S17 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|