Contents on 18 September '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- ten observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 404 risk-listed objects, 7 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1503 UTC on 18 Sept.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report -- inactive
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 18 September '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 16 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had sixteen objects listed. Of these, thirteen were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of nineteen listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 18 September '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-S05 time-stamped "06:02 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-S06 time-stamped "21:17 UT" - 2011 SF3
MPEC 2011-S06 - "21:17 UT" - 2011 SF3
- K11S03F 2011 SF3 (Q=4.327 AU, H=20.6 ~257m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (Sept. 17.54-59p4, 17.64p1, 18.51-52p2 & 18.61p2), Great Shefford Obs. (Sept. 17.83p3 & 18.85p3), Whitestar Obs. (Sept. 17.83p2), El Gato Gris Obs. (Sept. 18.08p3), the Spacewatch 1.8m telescope (Sept. 18.15-16p3), and the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (Sept. 18.22p4)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11H63D 2011 HD63 (arc=140 days, H=22.6 ~102m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 16.84p3 & 17.84-85p3)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K11Q21G 2011 QG21 (arc=26 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (Sept. 18.20-21p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11Q46C 2011 QC46 (arc=20 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from Robert Holmes via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) (Sept. 16.06-07p3) and Spacewatch 1.8m (Sept. 18.23-24p3)
- K11Q37Y 2011 QY37 (arc=21 days, H=18.5 ~676m) from ISON-NM Obs. (Sept. 17.30-33p3)
- K11O18C 2011 OC18 (arc=48 days, H=21.0 ~214m) from Holmes/CTIO (Sept. 16.35-36p3)
- K11M01V 2011 MV1 (arc=2 opp, H=20.3 ~295m) from the Spacewatch 0.9m telescope (1999 June 15.17-22p3)
- K11L19J 2011 LJ19 (Q=4.243 AU, arc=101 days, H=21.3 ~186m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Sept. 15.84-85p3 & 17.84-85p3) and Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 16.82-83p3 & 17.81p3)
- K11L19C 2011 LC19 (Q=5.556 AU, arc=99 days, H=18.5 ~676m) from SSS (Sept. 17.39-40p2)
- K11L19A 2011 LA19 (Q=4.827 AU, arc=99 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from Holmes/CTIO (Sept. 16.38-39p2)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.183 AU, arc=134 days, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 16.81-82p3)
- K11G60C 2011 GC60 (i=44.7°, arc=161 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from Holmes/CTIO (Sept. 16.12-16p3)
- J96S00K 1996 SK (Q=4.367 AU, arc=6 opp, H=16.9 ~1.41 km) from Holmes/CTIO (Sept. 16.18-19p3)
Observers on 18 September '11
Ten observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2011-S05 -- 2011 LJ19, 2011 JA8, 2011 HD63|
|807|||Robert Holmes in Illinois via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) in Chile, 5 in MPEC 2011-S05 -- 2011 QC46, 2011 OC18, 2011 LA19, 2011 GC60, 1996 SK|
|I19||El Gato Gris Obs. in Argentina, 1 in MPEC 2011-S06 -- 2011 SF3|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 2 in MPECs 2011-S05 & 2011-S06 -- 2011 SF3, 2011 LJ19|
|H15||ISON-NM Obs. in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-S05 -- 2011 QY37|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-S06 -- 2011 SF3|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 2 in MPECs 2011-S05 & 2011-S06 -- 2011 SF3, 2011 LC19|
|691||Spacewatch 0.9m telescope in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-S05 -- 2011 MV1|
|291||Spacewatch 1.8m telescope in Arizona, 3 in MPECs 2011-S05 & 2011-S06 -- 2011 SF3, 2011 QG21, 2011 QC46|
|C75||Whitestar Obs., 1 in MPEC 2011-S06 -- 2011 SF3|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 18 September '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.