Contents on 12 September '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 405 risk-listed objects, 8 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1501 UTC on 12 Sept.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report -- inactive
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 12 September '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one object listed. This was a "one nighter."
New MPECs on 12 September '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K11Q23F 2011 QF23 (arc=16 days, H=19.1 ~513m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Sept. 5.86-88p5) and Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 10.86-87p4)
- K11P01T 2011 PT1 (arc=37 days, H=20.3 ~295m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 11.01p3)
- K11O05Q 2011 OQ5 (arc=47 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from Pear Tree Obs. (Sept. 10.13-16p3)
- K11N00Z 2011 NZ (arc=63 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.90p2 & 25.95p1)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=2 opp, H=18.7 ~616m) from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.87p1 & 25.92p2)
- K11K04F 2011 KF4 (Q=4.198 AU, arc=112 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Los Campitos Obs. (Sept. 11.23-24p3)
- K11E78Z 2011 EZ78 (arc=180 days, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Los Campitos Obs. (Sept. 11.22p3)
- K08T10R 2008 TR10 (arc=2 opp, H=20.5 ~269m) from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.89p2)
- K03Q10C 2003 QC10 (q=0.369 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from New Millennium Obs. (Sept. 7.12p2) and Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 11.03-04p3)
- J96F03Q 1996 FQ3 (arc=122 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from NEAT's GEODSS Haleakala telescope (1996 April 20.52p1, 1996 April 20.61p1, 1996 April 23.50-54p3, 1996 May 19.58-62p3, 1996 May 22.54-58p3, 1996 June 14.49-53p3 & 1996 July 15.41-45p2)
- S3460 283460 2001 PD1 from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 10.97-98p3)
- S0136 280136 2002 OM4 from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.88p2 & 25.92p2)
- D8524 138524 2000 OJ8 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Sept. 10.55-57p3 & 11.54-56p4) and Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 10.98-99p3)
- 86666 86666 2000 FL10 from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (July 3.23p2)
- 37336 37336 2001 RM from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.86p2 & 25.91p2)
- 32906 32906 1994 RH from New Millennium Obs. (Sept. 7.13p2)
- 20086 20086 1994 LW from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.86-87p2 & 25.91p2)
- 08567 8567 1996 HW1 from New Millennium Obs. (Sept. 7.15p2)
- 04596 4596 1981 QB from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.88p2 & 25.93p1)
- 03988 3988 1986 LA from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.96p2)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 25.87p2 & 25.92p2)
- 00433 433 Eros (1898 DQ) from New Millennium Obs. (Sept. 7.15p2)
Observers on 12 September '11
Eight observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 5 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 2011 QF23, 2011 PT1, 2003 QC10, 283460, 138524|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 86666|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 1 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 138524|
|I36||Los Campitos Obs. in Argentina, 2 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 2011 KF4, 2011 EZ78|
|566||NEAT's GEODSS Haleakala telescope in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 1996 FQ3|
|A24||New Millennium Obs. in Italy, 13 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 2011 NZ, 2011 KN9, 2008 TR10, 2003 QC10, 37336, 32906, 280136, 20086, 8567, 4596, 3988, 1917, 433|
|H23||Pear Tree Obs. in Florida, 1 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 2011 OQ5|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-R41 -- 2011 QF23|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 12 September '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 12 September '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1500||Grabbed MPEC 2011-R41 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|