Contents on 20 August '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- seven observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 10 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1640 UTC on 20 Aug.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1935 UTC on 9 Aug.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 20 August '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 17 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had seventeen objects listed. Of these, nine were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of 26 listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 20 August '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11P01O 2011 PO1 (Q=4.194 AU, arc=15 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Aug. 19.94-95p3)
- K11O17Y 2011 OY17 (almost small, arc=24 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from GiaGa Obs. (Aug. 20.04-07p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K11O05Q 2011 OQ5 (arc=25 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from GiaGa Obs. (Aug. 20.02-06p2)
- K11O04V 2011 OV4 (arc=26 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from GiaGa Obs. (Aug. 20.01-05p2)
- K11G55A 2011 GA55 (arc=2 opp, H=18.1 ~812m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Aug. 18.99p3)
- K08T10R 2008 TR10 (arc=2 opp, H=20.6 ~257m) from GiaGa Obs. (Aug. 19.87-91p2)
- K08SO5X 2008 SX245 (arc=4 opp, H=17.7 ~977m) from Krisztian Sarneczky via Apache Point Obs. (2005 Dec. 1.19p3)
- 68031 68031 2000 YK29 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (Aug. 19.44-48p3)
- 37336 37336 2001 RM from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 8.87p2)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from New Millennium Obs. (Aug. 8.87p2, 9.83-84p2 & 9.88p1)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from Le Creusot Obs. (Aug. 16.94-96p3)
Observers on 20 August '11
Seven observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|7057||Krisztian Sarneczky via Apache Point Obs. in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q06 -- 2008 SX245|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q06 -- 2011 GA55|
|203||GiaGa Obs. in Italy, 4 in MPEC 2011-Q06 -- 2011 OY17, 2011 OV4, 2011 OQ5, 2008 TR10|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q06 -- 2011 PO1|
|504||Le Creusot Obs. in France, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q06 -- 1036|
|A24||New Millennium Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2011-Q06 -- 37336, 1917|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q06 -- 68031|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 20 August '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.