Contents on 16 August '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 10 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1555 UTC on 16 Aug.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1935 UTC on 9 Aug.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 16 August '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one object listed.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 16 August '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11P01O 2011 PO1 (Q=4.172 AU, arc=11 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (Aug. 15.31-32p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11O45J 2011 OJ45 (arc=17 days, H=26.0 ~21m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Aug. 14.89-91p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K11P00S 2011 PS (arc=13 days, H=20.3 ~295m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.37-38p2)
- K11O05Q 2011 OQ5 (arc=20 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.36-37p5)
- K11O05M 2011 OM5 (arc=21 days, H=21.0 ~214m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.21-22p5)
- K11O00A 2011 OA (arc=27 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.38-39p3)
- K11N00Z 2011 NZ (arc=40 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.27-28p3)
- K11N00P 2011 NP (i=39.0°, arc=43 days, H=19.9 ~355m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.20-21p2)
- K11M01V 2011 MV1 (arc=51 days, H=20.3 ~295m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.25-27p7)
- K11M00T 2011 MT (Q=4.865 AU, arc=54 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.24-26p2)
- K11M00K 2011 MK (arc=54 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.27-29p3)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.13-14p3)
- K11J29P 2011 JP29 (arc=100 days, H=19.1 ~513m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.16-17p3)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.183 AU, arc=101 days, H=17.7 ~977m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.18-19p3)
- K11J00K 2011 JK (arc=106 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.09-11p3)
- K11C02G 2011 CG2 (arc=216 days, H=21.5 ~170m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.23-24p2)
- K09W06R 2009 WR6 (arc=3 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.24-25p4)
- K09A00V 2009 AV (i=45.9°, arc=2 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from Crni Vrh Obs. (Aug. 14.99-02p4)
- K08T10R 2008 TR10 (arc=2 opp, H=20.6 ~257m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.17-18p4)
- K08S00O 2008 SO (arc=2 opp, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.12-14p5)
- K07L19Q 2007 LQ19 (Q=4.246 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.1 ~1.29 km) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.09-10p3)
- K05X00Y 2005 XY (i=39.6°, arc=3 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.15-16p3)
- K04R10X 2004 RX10 (arc=2 opp, H=21.3 ~186m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.19-20p3)
- K00CA1P 2000 CP101 (arc=2 opp, H=19.7 ~389m) from Pear Tree Obs. (Aug. 15.08-11p3) and ARO Westfield (Aug. 15.15-16p5)
- R6274 276274 2002 SS41 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (Aug. 14.44-45p2)
- 39572 39572 1993 DQ1 from PS1 (Aug. 13.57-58p2)
- 04183 4183 Cuno (1959 LM) from PS1 (Aug. 13.57-58p2)
Observers on 16 August '11
Five observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 22 in MPEC 2011-Q01 -- 2011 PS, 2011 PO1, 2011 OQ5, 2011 OM5, 2011 OA, 2011 NZ, 2011 NP, 2011 MV1, 2011 MT, 2011 MK, 2011 KN9, 2011 JP29, 2011 JK, 2011 JA8, 2011 CG2, 2009 WR6, 2008 TR10, 2008 SO, 2007 LQ19, 2005 XY, 2004 RX10, 2000 CP101|
|106||Crni Vrh Obs. in Slovenia, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q01 -- 2009 AV|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q01 -- 2011 OJ45|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 3 in MPEC 2011-Q01 -- 39572, 276274, 4183|
|H23||Pear Tree Obs. in Florida, 1 in MPEC 2011-Q01 -- 2000 CP101|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 16 August '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 16 August '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1550||Grabbed MPEC 2011-Q01 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|