Contents on 15 August '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 10 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1503 UTC on 15 Aug.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1935 UTC on 9 Aug.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 15 August '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one object listed. So far The Tracking News has counted a total of three listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 15 August '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been three MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-P57 time-stamped "06:01 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-P58 time-stamped "12:28 UT" - 2011 ON45 - see below
- MPEC 2011-P59 time-stamped "12:52 UT" - 2011 PK10
MPEC 2011-P59 - "12:52 UT" - 2011 PK10
- K11P10K 2011 PK10 (small asteroid, i=45.7°, Earth MOID=10.0 LD, H=23.2 ~78m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (Aug. 14.67-83p35) and CEAMIG-REA (Aug. 15.06p3)
MPEC 2011-P58 - "12:28 UT" - 2011 ON45
- K11O45N 2011 ON45 (Centaur, q=10.974 AU, Q=14.043 AU, H=11.5 ~17.0 km) from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (July 27.47-50p3 at w=22.0-22.2) and David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (July 29.46-47p4, Aug. 5.49p2 & 7.38-39p3)
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11P01O 2011 PO1 (Q=4.161 AU, arc=10 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Aug. 14.87-88p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11P02F 2011 PF2 (arc=7 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from SSS (Aug. 14.67-68p2)
- K11P01T 2011 PT1 (arc=10 days, H=20.0 ~339m) from SSS (Aug. 14.75-76p2)
- K11L19A 2011 LA19 (Q=4.828 AU, arc=64 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from SSS (Aug. 12.42-43p3)
- K11J29P 2011 JP29 (arc=100 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from Santa Mama Obs. (Aug. 14.81-82p4)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.183 AU, arc=101 days, H=17.7 ~977m) from Santa Mama Obs. (Aug. 14.83-85p4)
- K00CA1P 2000 CP101 (arc=2 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from Como Obs. (Aug. 13.89-92p3)
- S3729 283729 2002 UX from Schiaparelli Obs. (Aug. 13.07-09p2)
- 37336 37336 2001 RM from Santa Mama Obs. (Aug. 14.86-88p4)
Observers on 15 August '11
Eight observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|I77||CEAMIG-REA in Brazil, 1 in MPEC 2011-P59 -- 2011 PK10|
|C13||Como Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-P57 -- 2000 CP101|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2011-P57 -- 2011 PO1|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-P58 -- 2011 ON45|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-P58 -- 2011 ON45|
|B38||Santa Mama Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2011-P57 -- 2011 JP29, 2011 JA8, 37336|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-P57 -- 283729|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 4 in MPECs 2011-P57 & 2011-P59 -- 2011 PT1, 2011 PK10, 2011 PF2, 2011 LA19|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 15 August '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.