Contents on 20 July '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- three observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 406 risk-listed objects, 10 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1602 UTC on 20 July.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1920 UTC on 20 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 20 July '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings
When last checked at 2326 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three objects listed. Of these, two were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 20 July '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2326 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11L19J 2011 LJ19 (Q=4.243 AU, arc=40 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 19.11-13p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11M03Q 2011 MQ3 (arc=21 days, H=24.8 ~37m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.18-21p3)
- K11M02Y 2011 MY2 (arc=22 days, H=22.7 ~98m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.15-16p2)
- K09WA4W 2009 WW104 (arc=2 opp, H=22.6 ~102m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.88-92p4)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K11M04N 2011 MN4 (arc=21 days, H=21.8 ~148m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.11-13p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11N00Z 2011 NZ (arc=13 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.23-24p3)
- K11N00Y 2011 NY (arc=13 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.21-22p3)
- K11N00P 2011 NP (i=39.0°, arc=16 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.19-20p3)
- K11M01V 2011 MV1 (arc=24 days, H=20.1 ~323m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.25-27p3)
- K11M00T 2011 MT (Q=4.865 AU, arc=27 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.26-27p3)
- K11L19A 2011 LA19 (Q=4.828 AU, arc=37 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.87-91p3)
- K11K17P 2011 KP17 (arc=68 days, H=19.1 ~513m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.93p2)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.90p2)
- K11J29P 2011 JP29 (arc=72 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.87p2)
- K11E78Z 2011 EZ78 (arc=120 days, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.90-94p3)
- K11D19L 2011 DL19 (arc=225 days, H=19.1 ~513m) from ARO Westfield (July 19.22-24p3)
- K10X56O 2010 XO56 (i=40.6°, arc=194 days, H=20.1 ~323m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.96p2)
- K10N01J 2010 NJ1 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.89-93p4)
- K08V00H 2008 VH (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.95p2)
- K04L00H 2004 LH (i=39.5°, arc=3 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.88-92p4)
- K04J02O 2004 JO2 (arc=3 opp, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.92p2)
- R4855 274855 2009 RB4 from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.97p2)
- Q7759 267759 2003 MC7 from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.90-91p2)
- G3250 163250 2002 GH1 from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.89-94p4)
- D7170 137170 1999 HF1 from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.89-93p4)
- 68348 68348 2001 LO7 from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.96p2)
- 37336 37336 2001 RM from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.89-93p4) and LINEAR (July 19.23-26p4)
- 20086 20086 1994 LW from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.87-92p4)
- 07482 7482 1994 PC1 from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.90-94p4)
- 03288 3288 Seleucus (1982 DV) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.95p2)
- 03103 3103 Eger (1982 BB) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.97p2)
- 02102 2102 Tantalus (1975 YA) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.87-91p4)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.95p2)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from New Millennium Obs. (June 23.96p2)
Observers on 20 July '11
Three observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 10 in MPEC 2011-O12 -- 2011 NZ, 2011 NY, 2011 NP, 2011 MY2, 2011 MV1, 2011 MT, 2011 MQ3, 2011 MN4, 2011 LJ19, 2011 DL19|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-O12 -- 37336|
|A24||New Millennium Obs. in Italy, 24 in MPEC 2011-O12 -- 2011 LA19, 2011 KP17, 2011 KN9, 2011 JP29, 2011 EZ78, 2010 XO56, 2010 NJ1, 2009 WW104, 2008 VH, 2004 LH, 2004 JO2, 68348, 37336, 274855, 267759, 20086, 163250, 137170, 7482, 3288, 3103, 2102, 1917, 1036|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 20 July '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2326 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 20 July '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1601||Grabbed MPEC 2011-O12 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|