Contents on 18 July '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- ten observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 12 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1545 UTC on 18 July.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1540 UTC on 18 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 18 July '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty. There were three listings noted earlier today.
New MPECs on 18 July '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-O08 time-stamped "07:06 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-O09 time-stamped "12:09 UT" - 2011 NO1
MPEC 2011-O09 - "12:09 UT" - 2011 NO1
- K11N01O 2011 NO1 (Q=9.686 AU, H=16.7 ~1.55 km) from ISON-NM Obs. (July 7.30-34p4, 9.30-32p3 & 11.43p2), Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 9.25-27p5, 10.25-27p3, 11.24-25p2, 12.26-27p3 & 18.24-25p3), Sandlot Obs. (July 9.30-33p3 & 12.33-35p2), Schiaparelli Obs. (July 12.04-07p2), Faulkes Telescope South (July 12.53-54p4), Paul Roche via Faulkes Telescope North (July 13.59p3), Nerpio Obs. (July 14.03p2), and Mike Hicks via Table Mtn. Obs. (July 17.39-40p2)
- K11N00P 2011 NP (i=39.0°, arc=12 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (July 12.08-09p2)
- K11L01J 2011 LJ1 (Q=4.085 AU, arc=43 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (July 17.13-14p3)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from ARO Westfield (July 17.15-17p4)
- K08T10R 2008 TR10 (arc=2 opp, H=20.5 ~269m) from Blanquita Obs. (July 17.99p3)
- K06UL7Q 2006 UQ217 (Q=4.760 AU, arc=3 opp, H=16.6 ~1.62 km) from Los Molinos Obs. (July 17.27-28p3)
- K05X00Y 2005 XY (i=39.6°, arc=3 opp, H=18.9 ~562m) from ARO Westfield (July 17.13-15p4)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from Blanquita Obs. (July 15.91-92p3)
Observers on 18 July '11
Ten observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 4 in MPECs 2011-O08 & 2011-O09 -- 2011 NO1, 2011 LJ1, 2011 KN9, 2005 XY|
|I99||Blanquita Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2011-O08 -- 2008 TR10, 1917|
|F657||Paul Roche in Wales via Faulkes Telescope North in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-O09 -- 2011 NO1|
|E10||Faulkes Telescope South in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2011-O09 -- 2011 NO1|
|H15||ISON-NM Obs. in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-O09 -- 2011 NO1|
|844||Los Molinos Obs. in Uruguay, 1 in MPEC 2011-O08 -- 2006 UQ217|
|I89||Nerpio Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-O09 -- 2011 NO1|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 1 in MPEC 2011-O09 -- 2011 NO1|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPECs 2011-O08 & 2011-O09 -- 2011 NP, 2011 NO1|
|6734||Mike Hicks via Table Mtn. Obs. in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2011-O09 -- 2011 NO1|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 18 July '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.