Contents on 17 July '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 12 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1616 UTC on 17 July.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1753 UTC on 17 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 17 July '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three objects listed. Of these, one was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 17 July '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11L19C 2011 LC19 (Q=5.554 AU, arc=36 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 16.15-16p3)
- K11L19A 2011 LA19 (Q=4.828 AU, arc=37 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (July 16.13-14p4)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K09WA4W 2009 WW104 (arc=2 opp, H=22.6 ~102m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.88p3 & 20.93p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11K17P 2011 KP17 (arc=61 days, H=19.1 ~513m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.93p2)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.89p2) and ARO Westfield (July 16.17-18p5)
- K11J29P 2011 JP29 (arc=68 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.87p2)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.182 AU, arc=70 days, H=17.7 ~977m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.88p2 & 20.92p2)
- K10N01J 2010 NJ1 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.89p2)
- K08C00M 2008 CM (arc=4 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from ARO Westfield (July 16.17-18p4)
- K05A26N 2005 AN26 (arc=4 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from ARO Westfield (July 16.16-17p4)
- K04L00H 2004 LH (i=39.5°, arc=3 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.87p2 & 20.92p2) and ARO Westfield (July 16.13-15p4)
- K04J02O 2004 JO2 (arc=3 opp, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.87-88p2 & 20.92p2)
- R5714 275714 2000 YH4 from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.86p1 & 20.91p2)
- Q7759 267759 2003 MC7 from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.90p2)
- G3250 163250 2002 GH1 from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.88-89p2 & 20.93p2)
- G2474 162474 2000 LB16 from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.86p2 & 20.91p2)
- F9504 159504 2000 WO67 from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (March 31.44-45p3)
- D7170 137170 1999 HF1 from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.90p2 & 20.94p1)
- 85953 85953 1999 FK21 from LINEAR (March 13.38-42p5)
- 37336 37336 2001 RM from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.89p2)
- 20086 20086 1994 LW from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.87p2 & 20.92p2)
- 07482 7482 1994 PC1 from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.89-90p2 & 20.94p2)
- 03554 3554 Amun (1986 EB) from AAAA Buenos Aires Obs. (April 7.09-11p2)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.90p2)
- 01866 1866 Sisyphus (1972 XA) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.86p2 & 20.90p2)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from New Millennium Obs. (June 20.96-98p3)
Observers on 17 July '11
Five observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|834||AAAA Buenos Aires Obs. in Argentina, 1 in MPEC 2011-O07 -- 3554|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 6 in MPEC 2011-O07 -- 2011 LC19, 2011 LA19, 2011 KN9, 2008 CM, 2005 AN26, 2004 LH|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-O07 -- 85953|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-O07 -- 159504|
|A24||New Millennium Obs. in Italy, 19 in MPEC 2011-O07 -- 2011 KP17, 2011 KN9, 2011 JP29, 2011 JA8, 2010 NJ1, 2009 WW104, 2004 LH, 2004 JO2, 37336, 275714, 267759, 20086, 163250, 162474, 137170, 7482, 1917, 1866, 1036|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 17 July '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 17 July '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1615||Grabbed MPEC 2011-O07 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|