Contents on 16 July '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- two observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 12 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1547 UTC on 16 July.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1630 UTC on 16 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 16 July '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three objects listed. Of these, one was a "one nighter." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of four listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 16 July '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been six MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-O01 time-stamped "07:07 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-O02 time-stamped "16:26 UT" - Observable Comets - see below
- MPEC 2011-O03 time-stamped "16:31 UT" - Atens and Apollos - see below
- MPEC 2011-O04 time-stamped "16:31 UT" - Amors - see below
- MPEC 2011-O05 time-stamped "16:31 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets - see below
- MPEC 2011-O06 time-stamped "16:31 UT" - PHAs
MPEC 2011-O06 - "16:31 UT" - PHAs
MPEC 2011-O05 - "16:31 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets
MPEC 2011-O04 - "16:31 UT" - Amors
MPEC 2011-O03 - "16:31 UT" - Atens and Apollos
MPEC 2011-O02 - "16:26 UT" - Observable Comets
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11M04O 2011 MO4 (arc=15 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 15.31-33p4)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11M01W 2011 MW1 (arc=20 days, H=22.4 ~112m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.34-35p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K11N00Y 2011 NY (arc=9 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.25-26p4)
- K11N00P 2011 NP (i=39.0°, arc=12 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.23-24p4)
- K11M02X 2011 MX2 (i=41.5°, arc=19 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.27-28p3)
- K11M01V 2011 MV1 (arc=20 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.27-28p3)
- K11M00K 2011 MK (arc=23 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.30-31p4)
- K11L10X 2011 LX10 (arc=39 days, H=16.5 ~1.70 km) from ARO Westfield (July 15.35-37p4)
- K11L01J 2011 LJ1 (Q=4.085 AU, arc=41 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.13-14p3)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.17-19p4)
- K11K04F 2011 KF4 (Q=4.198 AU, arc=54 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from Robert Holmes via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) (July 15.06-07p2)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.182 AU, arc=70 days, H=17.8 ~933m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.14-16p3)
- K11C02G 2011 CG2 (arc=185 days, H=21.5 ~170m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.29-30p3)
- K09W06R 2009 WR6 (arc=3 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.34-35p3)
- K08S00O 2008 SO (arc=2 opp, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.20-21p4)
- K08L16V 2008 LV16 (arc=2 opp, H=20.3 ~295m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.21-22p4)
- K07L32R 2007 LR32 (arc=3 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Holmes/CTIO (July 15.08-11p3)
- K06A08K 2006 AK8 (arc=3 opp, H=21.2 ~195m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.35-36p4)
- K05T51Z 2005 TZ51 (arc=4 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.32-34p3)
- K03A73L 2003 AL73 (Q=4.308 AU, arc=4 opp, H=19.4 ~446m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.16-18p3)
- K00T28U 2000 TU28 (arc=2 opp, H=20.8 ~234m) from ARO Westfield (July 15.19-22p3)
Observers on 16 July '11
Two observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 19 in MPEC 2011-O01 -- 2011 NY, 2011 NP, 2011 MX2, 2011 MW1, 2011 MV1, 2011 MO4, 2011 MK, 2011 LX10, 2011 LJ1, 2011 KN9, 2011 JA8, 2011 CG2, 2009 WR6, 2008 SO, 2008 LV16, 2006 AK8, 2005 TZ51, 2003 AL73, 2000 TU28|
|807|||Robert Holmes via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) in Chile, 2 in MPEC 2011-O01 -- 2011 KF4, 2007 LR32|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 16 July '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 16 July '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1801||Grabbed MPEC 2011-O02 - Observable Comets - see above|
Grabbed MPEC 2011-O03 - Atens and Apollos - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-O04 - Amors - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-O05 - Unusual Minor Planets - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-O06 - PHAs - see above
|1547||Grabbed MPEC 2011-O01 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|