Contents on 14 July '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- two observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 12 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1531 UTC on 14 July.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1620 UTC on 14 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 14 July '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 4 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had four objects listed. Of these, one was a "one nighter." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of five listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 14 July '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K11E78Z 2011 EZ78 (arc=120 days, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 13.68-70p35)
- 68348 68348 2001 LO7 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 13.54-55p7)
- 03988 3988 1986 LA from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 13.55-56p3)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from Uiterstegracht Station (July 6.90-95p4, 9.89-99p4, 10.04-08p2 & 10.90-07p6) and Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 13.58-59p3)
Observers on 14 July '11
Two observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 4 in MPEC 2011-N43 -- 2011 EZ78, 68348, 3988, 1036|
|C70||Uiterstegracht Station, 1 in MPEC 2011-N43 -- 1036|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 14 July '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 14 July '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1531||Grabbed MPEC 2011-N43 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|