Contents on 11 July '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- seven observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 407 risk-listed objects, 13 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1546 UTC on 11 July.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1629 UTC on 11 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 11 July '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 6 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had six objects listed. Of these, five were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 11 July '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11M04O 2011 MO4 (arc=10 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 10.36p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11N00V 2011 NV (arc=7 days, H=22.5 ~107m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.25-28p3)
- K11M03Q 2011 MQ3 (arc=12 days, H=24.9 ~35m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.17-19p3)
- K11M02Y 2011 MY2 (arc=13 days, H=22.7 ~98m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.20-22p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11N00Z 2011 NZ (arc=4 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.29-30p5)
- K11N00Y 2011 NY (arc=5 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.23-24p5) and Great Shefford Obs. (July 10.98-99p3)
- K11N00P 2011 NP (i=39.0°, arc=7 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.27-28p4)
- K11M05E 2011 ME5 (i=37.3°, arc=10 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.14-16p3)
- K11M02X 2011 MX2 (i=41.5°, arc=14 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.31-33p3)
- K11M00E 2011 ME (q=0.369 AU, arc=20 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Sandlot Obs. (July 11.14-17p3)
- K11L10X 2011 LX10 (arc=34 days, H=16.5 ~1.70 km) from ARO Westfield (July 10.34-35p4)
- K11L01J 2011 LJ1 (Q=4.084 AU, arc=36 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.13-14p4)
- K11K19W 2011 KW19 (arc=41 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.12-13p3)
- K11K17P 2011 KP17 (arc=60 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from Sandlot Obs. (July 11.20p3)
- K11K15C 2011 KC15 (arc=45 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.29-32p4)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.19-21p4)
- K11J29P 2011 JP29 (arc=64 days, H=18.9 ~562m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.11-12p4)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.182 AU, arc=65 days, H=17.7 ~977m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.17-18p3)
- K11E78Z 2011 EZ78 (arc=118 days, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (July 10.36-37p10) and North Obs. (July 11.08-09p5)
- K11C71H 2011 CH71 (Q=4.299 AU, arc=164 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from PJMSO (July 10.38-39p6)
- K11A52O 2011 AO52 (Q=4.408 AU, arc=177 days, H=18.2 ~776m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.22-23p3)
- K08V00H 2008 VH (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from PJMSO (July 10.37-38p6)
- K08L16V 2008 LV16 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 10.51-55p9 & 10.59-61p2) and North Obs. (July 11.06p5)
- K02N00V 2002 NV (Q=4.313 AU, arc=4 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from ARO Westfield (July 10.34-37p3 at V=22.3-5)
- J0788 190788 2001 RT17 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (July 9.58-59p3)
- G2913 162913 2001 MT18 from PJMSO (July 10.40-41p5)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 10.57-58p5)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from PJMSO (July 10.40p5)
Observers on 11 July '11
Seven observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 18 in MPEC 2011-N39 -- 2011 NZ, 2011 NY, 2011 NV, 2011 NP, 2011 MY2, 2011 MX2, 2011 MQ3, 2011 MO4, 2011 ME5, 2011 LX10, 2011 LJ1, 2011 KW19, 2011 KN9, 2011 KC15, 2011 JP29, 2011 JA8, 2011 AO52, 2002 NV|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2011-N39 -- 2011 NY|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 2 in MPEC 2011-N39 -- 2008 LV16, 1917|
|J69||North Obs. in England, 2 in MPEC 2011-N39 -- 2011 EZ78, 2008 LV16|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-N39 -- 190788|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 5 in MPEC 2011-N39 -- 2011 EZ78, 2011 CH71, 2008 VH, 162913, 1036|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 2 in MPEC 2011-N39 -- 2011 ME, 2011 KP17|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 11 July '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 11 July '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1543||Grabbed MPEC 2011-N39 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|