Contents on 9 July '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- thirteen observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 425 risk-listed objects, 349 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1542 UTC on 9 July.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1805 UTC on 9 July.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 9 July '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three objects listed. Of these, two were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 9 July '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-N36 time-stamped "07:07 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-N37 time-stamped "11:34 UT" - 2008 KD6
MPEC 2011-N37 - "11:34 UT" - 2008 KD6
- K08K06D 2008 KD6 (H=19.7 ~389m) from San Marcello Pistoiese Obs. (July 5.93-94p2 & 9.05-08p3)
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11L19C 2011 LC19 (Q=5.555 AU, arc=28 days, H=18.3 ~741m) from Sierra Stars Obs. (July 8.30-34p3)
- K11L19A 2011 LA19 (Q=4.830 AU, arc=30 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 9.10-11p4)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11M01W 2011 MW1 (arc=13 days, H=22.3 ~117m) from Kevin Hills via RAS Obs. Moorook (July 8.72-73p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11M00K 2011 MK (arc=15 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from Frasso Sabino Obs. (July 7.01-02p3)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.182 AU, arc=63 days, H=17.7 ~977m) from LINEAR (July 8.21-26p5)
- K11G62A 2011 GA62 (arc=89 days, H=19.1 ~513m) from ARO Westfield (July 9.12-14p3)
- K09U19X 2009 UX19 (q=0.210 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (July 8.82p2)
- K08L16V 2008 LV16 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from Verona Obs. (July 3.87-88p4)
- K02X66U 2002 XU66 (Q=4.233 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.1 ~812m) from SSS (July 3.70p1 & 5.54p1) and Sandlot Obs. (July 8.28-29p2)
- S0136 280136 2002 OM4 from San Vito Obs. (July 8.90p3)
- G9675 169675 2002 JM97 from Rio Cuarto Obs. (July 6.98p2, 7.05p1, 7.12p1, 7.22p1, 7.27p1 & 7.36p1)
- D8524 138524 2000 OJ8 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (June 30.59-61p2) and Frasso Sabino Obs. (July 7.03-04p3)
- 07482 7482 1994 PC1 from San Vito Obs. (July 8.84-85p3)
- 04581 4581 Asclepius (1989 FC) from Hidetaka Sato via RAS Obs. Mayhill (June 10.39-40p3 & July 8.38p3)
Observers on 9 July '11
Thirteen observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 2 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2011 LA19, 2011 GA62|
|157||Frasso Sabino Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2011 MK, 138524|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2011 JA8|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 138524|
|H06|||Hidetaka Sato in Japan via RAS Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 4581|
|D90`||Kevin Hills in England via RAS Obs. Moorook in South Australia, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2011 MW1|
|I20||Rio Cuarto Obs. in Argentina, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 169675|
|104||San Marcello Pistoiese Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-N37 -- 2008 KD6|
|233||San Vito Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 280136, 7482|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2002 XU66|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 2 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2009 UX19, 2002 XU66|
|G68||Sierra Stars Obs. in northern California, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2011 LC19|
|A48||Verona Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-N36 -- 2008 LV16|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 9 July '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.