Contents on 21 June '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- nine observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 424 risk-listed objects, 348 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1517 UTC on 21 June.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1613 UTC on 21 June.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 21 June '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 6 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had six objects listed. Of these, three were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 21 June '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been three MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-M16 time-stamped "07:06 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-M17 time-stamped "14:30 UT" - 2008 GH110 - see below
- MPEC 2011-M18 time-stamped "21:32 UT" - 2010 JK124
MPEC 2011-M18 - "21:32 UT" - 2010 JK124
- K10JC4K 2010 JK124 (KBO, q=36.193 AU, Q=43.199 AU, H=5.3 ~295 km) from Las Campanas Obs. (May 2.17p1, 2.25p1, 2.35p1, 5.18p1, 5.25p1 & 5.32p1)
MPEC 2011-M17 - "14:30 UT" - 2008 GH110
- K08GB0H 2008 GH110 (H=19.8 ~371m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (June 19.15-18p3 at V=21.8-22.3, 20.17-18p2 at V=21.9-22.4 & 21.21-23p3 at V=21.5-8)
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11L19C 2011 LC19 (Q=5.546 AU, arc=10 days, H=18.1 ~812m) from the Spacewatch 1.8m telescope (June 20.32-33p3)
- K11L19A 2011 LA19 (Q=4.833 AU, arc=12 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from ARO Westfield (June 20.17-18p3) and Santa Mama Obs. (June 20.88-90p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K11K19W 2011 KW19 (arc=21 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 20.40-41p3)
- K11K17P 2011 KP17 (arc=39 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from the Spacewatch 0.9m telescope (June 20.34-39p3)
- K11K12Q 2011 KQ12 (arc=30 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 21.18-19p3)
- K11K09N 2011 KN9 (arc=26 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (May 24.59p3)
- K11K04H 2011 KH4 (arc=28 days, H=21.6 ~162m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 20.34p3)
- K11J29P 2011 JP29 (arc=45 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from Santa Mama Obs. (June 20.92-94p3)
- K11J00K 2011 JK (arc=50 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from ARO Westfield (June 20.12-13p3)
- K11H53B 2011 HB53 (Q=4.025 AU, arc=53 days, H=17.9 ~891m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 21.21-22p3 at V=22.4-5)
- K11H00F 2011 HF (arc=60 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 21.23-24p3 at V=21.8-22.4)
- K11G68D 2011 GD68 (arc=67 days, H=17.8 ~933m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 21.25-26p3)
- K11G03H 2011 GH3 (Q=4.242 AU, arc=80 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (June 21.20p3)
- K08L16V 2008 LV16 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (June 20.45-46p5)
- K08H00E 2008 HE (q=0.113 AU, Q=4.413 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.1 ~812m) from Santa Mama Obs. (June 20.85-87p4)
- Q3976 263976 2009 KD5 from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (June 19.33-35p2)
- 07358 7358 Oze (1995 YA3) from Tenagra II Obs. (June 20.31-34p3)
Observers on 21 June '11
Nine observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 3 in MPECs 2011-M16 & 2011-M17 -- 2011 LA19, 2011 JK, 2008 GH110|
|304||Las Campanas Obs. in Chile, 1 in MPEC 2011-M18 -- 2010 JK124|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-M16 -- 2011 KN9|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-M16 -- 263976|
|B38||Santa Mama Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2011-M16 -- 2011 LA19, 2011 JP29, 2008 HE|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2011-M16 -- 2008 LV16|
|691||Spacewatch 0.9m telescope in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-M16 -- 2011 KP17|
|291||Spacewatch 1.8m telescope in Arizona, 8 in MPEC 2011-M16 -- 2011 LC19, 2011 KW19, 2011 KQ12, 2011 KH4, 2011 HF, 2011 HB53, 2011 GH3, 2011 GD68|
|926||Tenagra II Obs. in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-M16 -- 7358|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 21 June '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.