Contents on 19 June '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- two observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 424 risk-listed objects, 348 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1608 UTC on 19 June.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1648 UTC on 19 June.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 19 June '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings
When last checked at 2309 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had two objects listed. Both of these were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 19 June '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2309 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K11E78Z 2011 EZ78 (arc=95 days, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from Tzec Maun Obs. Mayhill (June 18.30-31p2)
- K06M10J 2006 MJ10 (i=39.3°, arc=3 opp, H=18.7 ~616m) from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (June 7.54-56p2)
- K04J02O 2004 JO2 (arc=3 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from PS1 (May 14.51-53p2)
- K03X00E 2003 XE (arc=4 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from PS1 (May 23.50-51p2)
- R7473 277473 2005 WD1 from PS1 (May 11.52-53p2)
- R5714 275714 2000 YH4 from PS1 (May 15.47-48p2)
- Q0141 260141 2004 QT24 from PS1 (June 8.26-27p2)
- P0614 250614 2005 GG from PS1 (May 11.33-34p2)
- L7390 217390 2005 CW25 from PS1 (April 24.28-29p2)
- G3696 163696 2003 EB50 from PS1 (April 28.27-29p2)
- F9399 159399 1998 UL1 from PS1 (May 24.58-59p2)
- 54686 54686 2001 DU8 from PS1 (May 14.44-45p2)
Observers on 19 June '11
Two observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 11 in MPEC 2011-M13 -- 2006 MJ10, 2004 JO2, 2003 XE, 54686, 277473, 275714, 260141, 250614, 217390, 163696, 159399|
|H10||Tzec Maun Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-M13 -- 2011 EZ78|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 19 June '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2309 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 19 June '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1608||Grabbed MPEC 2011-M13 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|