Contents on 30 May '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- nine observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 400 risk-listed objects, 14 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1631 UTC on 30 May.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1759 UTC on 30 May.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 30 May '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 57 listings
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had 57 objects listed. Of these, 24 were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of 65 listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 30 May '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11K15Y 2011 KY15 (q=0.258 AU, arc=3 days, H=24.0 ~54m) from ESA Optical Ground Station (ESA OGS) (May 29.90-91p3)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K11H00P 2011 HP (arc=36 days, H=22.0 ~135m) from LINEAR (May 29.33-38p9), Verona Obs. (May 29.93-94p4), and Mirasteilas Obs. (May 29.98-99p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11K00E 2011 KE (q=0.100 AU, Q=4.343 AU, arc=8 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Verona Obs. (May 29.86-87p4)
- K11J08A 2011 JA8 (Q=5.180 AU, arc=24 days, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from Mirasteilas Obs. (May 29.92-93p3) and Guidestar Obs. (May 29.95-97p3)
- K11H00O 2011 HO (Q=5.278 AU, arc=36 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from Verona Obs. (May 25.87-88p3 & 29.88-89p4) and GiaGa Obs. (May 29.94p1 & 29.99p1)
- K11E78Z 2011 EZ78 (arc=76 days, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Verona Obs. (May 29.94-96p4)
- K11A52O 2011 AO52 (Q=4.408 AU, arc=135 days, H=18.2 ~776m) from Verona Obs. (May 29.90-92p4)
- K08H00E 2008 HE (q=0.113 AU, Q=4.413 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from the Spacewatch 0.9m telescope (May 29.22-26p3) and Mirasteilas Obs. (May 29.90-91p3)
- K07P06P 2007 PP6 (q=0.363 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (May 29.24-26p3)
- K06SD4V 2006 SV134 (arc=3 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from Mirasteilas Obs. (May 29.85-86p3)
- Q7494 267494 2002 JB9 from GiaGa Obs. (May 29.96-99p2)
- D7158 137158 1999 FB from Tenagra II Obs. (May 29.30-32p3)
- 01866 1866 Sisyphus (1972 XA) from MLS (May 29.24-26p4) and GiaGa Obs. (May 29.88-90p2)
Observers on 30 May '11
Nine observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|J04||ESA Optical Ground Station in the Canary Islands, 1 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2011 KY15|
|203||GiaGa Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2011 HO, 267494, 1866|
|A17||Guidestar Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2011 JA8|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2011 HP|
|B67||Mirasteilas Obs. in Switzerland, 4 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2011 JA8, 2011 HP, 2008 HE, 2006 SV134|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) in Arizona, 2 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2007 PP6, 1866|
|691||Spacewatch 0.9m telescope in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2008 HE|
|926||Tenagra II Obs. in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 137158|
|A48||Verona Obs. in Italy, 5 in MPEC 2011-K50 -- 2011 KE, 2011 HP, 2011 HO, 2011 EZ78, 2011 AO52|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 30 May '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 30 May '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1627||Grabbed MPEC 2011-K50 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|