Contents on 20 May '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- fifteen observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 402 risk-listed objects, 16 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1441 UTC on 20 May.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1614 UTC on 20 May.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 20 May '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings
When last checked at 2227 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three objects listed. Of these, two were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of four listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 20 May '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2227 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-K10 time-stamped "07:06 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-K11 time-stamped "20:08 UT" - Comet C/2011 J3 (LINEAR)
MPEC 2011-K11 - "20:08 UT" - Comet C/2011 J3 (LINEAR)
- CK11J030 C/2011 J3 (LINEAR) (i=114.8°, q=1.399 AU, Q=22.723 AU, TP=2011 Jan. 21.20017 TT) from LINEAR (May 14.38-42p4 & 15.38-40p3), Magdalena Ridge Obs. (MRO) (May 17.27-29p3), Sandlot Obs. (May 17.31-33p3), Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (May 17.37-38p4), Hidetaka Sato via RAS Obs. Mayhill (May 17.42-43p3), Guidestar Obs. (May 17.95-97p3), St. Pardon de Conques Obs. (May 18.03-10p6 & 20.03-07p3), Tzec Maun Obs. Mayhill (May 18.39-41p3 & 20.32-33p4), Farra d'Isonzo Obs. (May 18.97-99p2, 19.96p1 & 20.01p1), Schiaparelli Obs. (May 19.93-95p2), and Tenagra II Obs. (May 20.43p2)
- K11G62H 2011 GH62 (Q=5.298 AU, arc=69 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from Robert Holmes via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) (May 19.02-03p4)
- K10X52K 2010 XK52 (arc=160 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from Holmes/CTIO (May 19.07-08p5)
- K10TE9V 2010 TV149 (arc=3 opp, H=18.6 ~645m) from ARO Westfield (May 17.29-30p2)
- K10T05U 2010 TU5 (arc=2 opp, H=19.0 ~537m) from Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. (May 19.92p3)
- K10K07X 2010 KX7 (arc=2 opp, H=21.7 ~155m) from Holmes/CTIO (May 19.14p2)
- K08R01J 2008 RJ1 (arc=3 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from Holmes/CTIO (May 19.36-37p3)
- K08E01J 2008 EJ1 (i=38.8°, arc=2 opp, H=15.8 ~2.34 km, q=0.981 AU) from Holmes/CTIO (May 19.11-12p2)
- K08CB6M 2008 CM116 (arc=4 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from Holmes/CTIO (May 19.15-16p4)
- K07L19Q 2007 LQ19 (Q=4.246 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. (May 19.90-91p3)
- K06A04O 2006 AO4 (Q=4.164 AU, arc=4 opp, H=15.5 ~2.69 km, q=1.099 AU) from the Palomar Transient Factory (PTF) (2010 Feb. 14.13-17p6, 2010 Feb. 14.22p1, 2010 Feb. 14.30p1 & 2010 Feb. 14.35-36p2)
- K05U00L 2005 UL (arc=4 opp, H=19.0 ~537m) from Holmes/CTIO (May 19.24-25p5)
- J98K03M 1998 KM3 (arc=4 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from Holmes/CTIO (May 19.21-22p6)
- R7473 277473 2005 WD1 from ARO Westfield (May 17.25-26p2)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from Hugh C. Harris via U.S. Naval Obs. Flagstaff Station (USNO Flagstaff) (2008 Jan. 19.26p1, 2008 Jan. 20.26p1, 2008 Jan. 21.26p1, 2008 Jan. 22.25p1, 2008 March 15.10p1, 2008 Dec. 30.48p1, 2009 Jan. 1.48p1, 2009 Jan. 15.43p1, 2009 March 5.28p1, 2009 March 18.23p1, 2009 March 19.23p1, 2010 Feb. 17.44p1, 2010 Feb. 26.42p1, 2010 April 25.23p1, 2010 May 2.21p1 & 2010 May 22.15p1)
Observers on 20 May '11
Fifteen observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 3 in MPECs 2011-K10 & 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3, 2010 TV149, 277473|
|807|||Robert Holmes via Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) in Chile, 8 in MPEC 2011-K10 -- 2011 GH62, 2010 XK52, 2010 KX7, 2008 RJ1, 2008 EJ1, 2008 CM116, 2005 UL, 1998 KM3|
|595||Farra d'Isonzo Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|A17||Guidestar Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|560||Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2011-K10 -- 2010 TU5, 2007 LQ19|
|H01||Magdalena Ridge Obs. in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|I41||Palomar Transient Factory in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2011-K10 -- 2006 AO4|
|H06|||Hidetaka Sato in Japan via RAS Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|I93||St. Pardon de Conques Obs. in France, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|926||Tenagra II Obs. in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|H10||Tzec Maun Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-K11 -- C/2011 J3|
|6892||Hugh C. Harris via U.S. Naval Obs. Flagstaff Station in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-K10 -- 1036|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 20 May '11
At last check (NEODyS at 2227 and JPL at 2228 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.