Contents on 22 March '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 406 risk-listed objects, 41 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1539 UTC on 22 March.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1744 UTC on 22 March.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 22 March '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty. There were two listings noted earlier today.
New MPECs on 22 March '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been three MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-F16 time-stamped "07:05 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-F17 time-stamped "21:42 UT" - 2010 FX86 - see below
- MPEC 2011-F18 time-stamped "21:49 UT" - 2009 MF10
MPEC 2011-F18 - "21:49 UT" - 2009 MF10
- K09M10F 2009 MF10 (q=27.408 AU, Q=87.594 AU, H=6.1 ~204 km) from Las Campanas Obs. (2010 Aug. 18.23-25p3 & 2010 Aug. 19.24p1)
MPEC 2011-F17 - "21:42 UT" - 2010 FX86
- K10F86X 2010 FX86 (KBO, q=43.457 AU, Q=50.550 AU, H=4.3 ~467 km) from Las Campanas Obs. (March 10.21p1, 10.27p1, 10.32p1, 13.17p1, 13.23p1 & 13.28p1)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K11E51L 2011 EL51 (arc=10 days, H=21.8 ~148m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (March 21.06p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K11E12B 2011 EB12 (arc=16 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from ARO Westfield (March 21.08-09p3)
- K11B59O 2011 BO59 (arc=49 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from New Millennium Obs. (March 8.91-96p5)
- K11A16N 2011 AN16 (Q=4.428 AU, arc=72 days, H=19.1 ~513m) from Verona Obs. (March 21.87-88p4)
- J99T12K 1999 TK12 (arc=3 opp, H=18.6 ~645m) from Verona Obs. (March 21.89-90p4)
- K8617 208617 2002 EB3 from the SZTE Asteroid Program (Feb. 3.04-06p2)
- 03122 3122 Florence (1981 ET3) from New Millennium Obs. (March 8.88-93p5)
Observers on 22 March '11
Five observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 2 in MPEC 2011-F16 -- 2011 EL51, 2011 EB12|
|304||Las Campanas Obs. in Chile, 2 in MPECs 2011-F17 & 2011-F18 -- 2010 FX86, 2009 MF10|
|A24||New Millennium Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2011-F16 -- 2011 BO59, 3122|
|461||SZTE Asteroid Program in Hungary, 1 in MPEC 2011-F16 -- 208617|
|A48||Verona Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2011-F16 -- 2011 AN16, 1999 TK12|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 22 March '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.