Contents on 19 March '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- seven observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 408 risk-listed objects, 45 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1612 UTC on 19 March.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1658 UTC on 19 March.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 19 March '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings: 2 new, 1 updated
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had two new and one updated listings. Of these, two were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of nine listings on the NEOCP today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 19 March '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11E51M 2011 EM51 (almost small, arc=8 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 18.34-39p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11E74W 2011 EW74 (arc=3 days, H=23.4 ~71m) from Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (March 18.23-24p9), Great Shefford Obs. (March 18.85-86p3), and Montcabre Obs. (March 18.86-87p3)
- K11E11M 2011 EM11 (arc=13 days, H=24.6 ~41m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (March 17.31-33p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11E29W 2011 EW29 (arc=9 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from ARO Westfield (March 17.36-37p4) and Desert Moon Obs. (March 18.42-44p5)
- K11C06Y 2011 CY6 (arc=41 days, H=21.4 ~178m) from ARO Westfield (March 17.26p3) and Desert Moon Obs. (March 18.27-28p3)
- K11B38E 2011 BE38 (Q=4.485 AU, arc=49 days, H=18.2 ~776m) from PJMSO (March 18.19-20p6)
- K11B24K 2011 BK24 (arc=49 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 18.12p1, 18.17p1 & 18.22p1)
- K10U07X 2010 UX7 (arc=138 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from ARO Westfield (March 17.37-39p3)
- K08F06T 2008 FT6 (arc=3 opp, H=17.5 ~1.07 km) from ARO Westfield (March 17.40p3)
- K04F04U 2004 FU4 (arc=3 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from ARO Westfield (March 17.41p3)
- J99T12K 1999 TK12 (arc=3 opp, H=18.6 ~645m) from ARO Westfield (March 17.34-35p5) and PJMSO (March 18.24-26p5)
- H5706 175706 1996 FG3 from La Canada Obs. (March 18.84-86p3)
- D7170 137170 1999 HF1 from Kiev Comet Station (March 2.04-13p37)
- 04401 4401 Aditi (1985 TB) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 18.30-31p4)
- 03554 3554 Amun (1986 EB) from Kiev Comet Station (March 7.02-15p28)
- 03122 3122 Florence (1981 ET3) from La Canada Obs. (March 18.81-83p3)
Observers on 19 March '11
Seven observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 7 in MPEC 2011-F05 -- 2011 EW29, 2011 EM11, 2011 CY6, 2010 UX7, 2008 FT6, 2004 FU4, 1999 TK12|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 5 in MPEC 2011-F05 -- 2011 EW29, 2011 EM51, 2011 CY6, 2011 BK24, 4401|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2011-F05 -- 2011 EW74|
|585||Kiev Comet Station in the Ukraine, 2 in MPEC 2011-F05 -- 137170, 3554|
|J87||La Canada Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2011-F05 -- 175706, 3122|
|213||Montcabre Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2011-F05 -- 2011 EW74|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 3 in MPEC 2011-F05 -- 2011 EW74, 2011 BE38, 1999 TK12|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 19 March '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 19 March '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1609||Grabbed MPEC 2011-F05 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|