Contents on 17 March '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- six observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 409 risk-listed objects, 47 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1342 UTC on 17 March.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1447 UTC on 17 March.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 17 March '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 8 listings: 5 new, 3 updated
When last checked at 2320 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had five new and three updated listings. All of these were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 17 March '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2320 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11C46Y 2011 CY46 (arc=33 days, H=19.9 ~355m) from LINEAR (March 16.44-48p5)
- K11B12A 2011 BA12 (small asteroid, arc=50 days, H=22.5 ~107m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (March 16.44-45p5)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11E74W 2011 EW74 (arc=1 day, H=23.3 ~74m) from ARO Westfield (March 16.43p4)
- K11E51P 2011 EP51 (arc=2 days, H=24.8 ~37m) from Churchstoke Obs. (March 14.03-07p3)
- K11E51N 2011 EN51 (arc=3 days, H=22.2 ~123m) from Churchstoke Obs. (March 13.84p1, 13.89p1 & 13.93p1)
- K11E41D 2011 ED41 (arc=6 days, H=22.3 ~117m) from ARO Westfield (March 16.41p3)
- K11E00K 2011 EK (arc=15 days, H=22.3 ~117m) from ARO Westfield (March 16.43-44p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K11E29X 2011 EX29 (arc=7 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from Sandlot Obs. (March 16.43-46p5)
- K11E29W 2011 EW29 (arc=7 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from ARO Westfield (March 16.43-44p3)
- K11B59O 2011 BO59 (arc=41 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Eridanus Obs. (March 8.79-83p6)
- K11A52O 2011 AO52 (Q=4.409 AU, arc=61 days, H=18.3 ~741m) from ARO Westfield (March 16.46p4)
- K00EA4F 2000 EF104 (arc=7 opp, H=18.9 ~562m) from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (March 16.26-27p4)
- E4332 144332 2004 DV24 from CSS (March 16.28-30p4)
- 11885 11885 Summanus (1990 SS) from CSS (March 16.15-20p8)
- 08176 8176 1991 WA from CSS (March 16.39-41p4)
Observers on 17 March '11
Six observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 6 in MPEC 2011-F03 -- 2011 EW74, 2011 EW29, 2011 EK, 2011 ED41, 2011 BA12, 2011 AO52|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) in Arizona, 4 in MPEC 2011-F03 -- 2000 EF104, 144332, 11885, 8176|
|J18||Churchstoke Obs. in Wales, 2 in MPEC 2011-F03 -- 2011 EP51, 2011 EN51|
|A27||Eridanus Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2011-F03 -- 2011 BO59|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2011-F03 -- 2011 CY46|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 1 in MPEC 2011-F03 -- 2011 EX29|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 17 March '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2320 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 17 March '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1339||Grabbed MPEC 2011-F03 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|