Contents on 19 February '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- three observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 414 risk-listed objects, 62 have had news in the last 28 days. Updated at 1705 UTC on 19 Feb.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1821 UTC on 19 Feb.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 19 February '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty and hasn't been noted by The Tracking News as being active yet today (checked at 2356 UTC). It was last noted active on February 16th.
New MPECs on 19 February '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2356 UTC, there have been seven MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-D11 time-stamped "07:09 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-D12 time-stamped "13:14 UT" - 2011 BX59 - see below
- MPEC 2011-D13 time-stamped "23:18 UT" - Observable Comets - see below
- MPEC 2011-D14 time-stamped "23:27 UT" - Atens and Apollos - see below
- MPEC 2011-D15 time-stamped "23:27 UT" - Amors - see below
- MPEC 2011-D16 time-stamped "23:27 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets - see below
- MPEC 2011-D17 time-stamped "23:27 UT" - PHAs
MPEC 2011-D17 - "23:27 UT" - PHAs
MPEC 2011-D16 - "23:27 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets
MPEC 2011-D15 - "23:27 UT" - Amors
MPEC 2011-D14 - "23:27 UT" - Atens and Apollos
MPEC 2011-D13 - "23:18 UT" - Observable Comets
MPEC 2011-D12 - "13:14 UT" - 2011 BX59
- K11B59X 2011 BX59 (small asteroid, Q=4.749 AU, H=24.4 ~45m) from Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) (Jan. 30.47-52p3 at w=22.1-3) and David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (Feb. 1.34p3 & 7.49p2)
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11C03Y 2011 CY3 (small asteroid, arc=3 days, H=22.4 ~112m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 7.91-94p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K11C33L 2011 CL33 (arc=2 days, H=25.9 ~22m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.03-05p2)
- K11C07Y 2011 CY7 (arc=9 days, H=25.2 ~31m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 8.19-21p3)
- K11C06Z 2011 CZ6 (arc=9 days, H=25.7 ~25m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.12-14p3)
- K11C04A 2011 CA4 (arc=5 days, H=27.1 ~13m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.07-10p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11C06Y 2011 CY6 (arc=7 days, H=21.3 ~186m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.13-15p3)
- K11B15V 2011 BV15 (arc=21 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from PS1 (Feb. 3.58-61p4)
- K08B16P 2008 BP16 (q=0.290 AU, arc=2 opp, H=21.7 ~155m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.05-06p3)
- K03W87X 2003 WX87 (arc=2 opp, H=18.5 ~676m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.19-21p3)
- K02T60D 2002 TD60 (arc=3 opp, H=19.3 ~467m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.09-11p3)
- J99P01J 1999 PJ1 (arc=4 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 10.02-03p2)
- 36284 36284 2000 DM8 from PS1 (Feb. 3.57-60p4)
Observers on 19 February '11
Three observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-D12 -- 2011 BX59|
|F51||Pan-STARRS 1 (PS1) in Hawaii, 3 in MPECs 2011-D11 & 2011-D12 -- 2011 BX59, 2011 BV15, 36284|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 10 in MPEC 2011-D11 -- 2011 CZ6, 2011 CY7, 2011 CY6, 2011 CY3, 2011 CL33, 2011 CA4, 2008 BP16, 2003 WX87, 2002 TD60, 1999 PJ1|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 19 February '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2356 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 19 February '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|2356||Grabbed MPEC 2011-D13 - Observable Comets - see above|
Grabbed MPEC 2011-D14 - Atens and Apollos - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-D15 - Amors - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-D16 - Unusual Minor Planets - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-D17 - PHAs - see above
|1705||Grabbed MPEC 2011-D11 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|
Grabbed MPEC 2011-D12 - 2011 BX59 - see above