Contents on 21 January '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- four observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 373 risk-listed objects, 27 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1654 UTC on 21 Jan.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
One object is known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1837 UTC on 21 Jan.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 21 January '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing. This was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 21 January '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10RD0C 2010 RC130 (arc=110 days, H=22.2 ~123m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (2010 Sept. 18.07-08p4)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K10T54P 2010 TP54 (arc=2 opp, H=21.8 ~148m) from Marc W. Buie via Kitt Peak Natl. Obs. (KPNO) (2000 Feb. 6.39p1 & 2000 Feb. 6.53p1)
- Observations of other objects
- K10W00L 2010 WL (arc=2 opp, H=20.1 ~323m) from NEAT's USAF Haleakala telescope (2003 Dec. 19.53-56p3)
- 18882 18882 1999 YN4 from Blanquita Obs. (Jan. 20.80-81p3)
Observers on 21 January '11
Four observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2011-B19 -- 2010 RC130|
|I99||Blanquita Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2011-B19 -- 18882|
|6951||Marc W. Buie via Kitt Peak Natl. Obs. in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-B19 -- 2010 TP54|
|608||NEAT's USAF Haleakala telescope in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2011-B19 -- 2010 WL|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 21 January '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 21 January '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1650||Grabbed MPEC 2011-B19 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|