Contents on 20 January '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 373 risk-listed objects, 27 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1643 UTC on 20 Jan.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1728 UTC on 20 Jan.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 20 January '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing. This was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 20 January '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K10X69L 2010 XL69 (arc=29 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (Jan. 4.13-15p3)
- K10X58X 2010 XX58 (q=0.297 AU, Q=4.162 AU, arc=30 days, H=18.7 ~616m) from ARO Westfield (Jan. 4.03-05p4)
- K10X00J 2010 XJ (arc=35 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from ARO Westfield (Jan. 4.07-11p3)
- K10L86F 2010 LF86 (arc=219 days, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from Klet Obs. (Jan. 16.74-75p9)
- K01J02W 2001 JW2 (arc=5 opp, H=19.0 ~537m) from ARO Westfield (Jan. 3.31-33p3)
- Q1938 261938 2006 OB5 from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (Jan. 16.35-37p4)
- P9802 259802 2004 BJ86 from Schiaparelli Obs. (Jan. 11.99-01p3)
- P9221 259221 2003 BA21 from Great Shefford Obs. (Jan. 18.96-98p3)
- F2563 152563 1992 BF from Klet Obs. (Jan. 16.96-97p8)
Observers on 20 January '11
Five observers appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 4 in MPEC 2011-B18 -- 2010 XX58, 2010 XL69, 2010 XJ, 2001 JW2|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2011-B18 -- 259221|
|046||Klet Obs. in the Czech Republic, 2 in MPEC 2011-B18 -- 2010 LF86, 152563|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-B18 -- 261938|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2011-B18 -- 259802|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 20 January '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 20 January '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1638||Grabbed MPEC 2011-B18 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|