Contents on 19 January '11
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- four observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 373 risk-listed objects, 29 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1651 UTC on 19 Jan.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1756 UTC on 19 Jan.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 19 January '11
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing. This was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 19 January '11
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been seven MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2011-B11 time-stamped "07:11 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2011-B12 time-stamped "19:31 UT" - Observable Comets - see below
- MPEC 2011-B13 time-stamped "19:42 UT" - Atens and Apollos - see below
- MPEC 2011-B14 time-stamped "19:42 UT" - Amors - see below
- MPEC 2011-B15 time-stamped "19:42 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets - see below
- MPEC 2011-B16 time-stamped "19:42 UT" - PHAs - see below
- MPEC 2011-B17 time-stamped "23:17 UT" - 2008 CM20
MPEC 2011-B17 - "23:17 UT" - 2008 CM20
- K08C20M 2008 CM20 (H=21.0 ~214m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Jan. 19.04-05p5 & 19.79-83p4)
MPEC 2011-B16 - "19:42 UT" - PHAs
MPEC 2011-B15 - "19:42 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets
MPEC 2011-B14 - "19:42 UT" - Amors
MPEC 2011-B13 - "19:42 UT" - Atens and Apollos
MPEC 2011-B12 - "19:31 UT" - Observable Comets
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K11A37L 2011 AL37 (small asteroid, arc=6 days, H=24.0 ~54m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Jan. 19.06-07p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K11A75O 2011 AO75 (q=2.379 AU, arc=5 days, H=14.1 ~5.13 km) from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (Jan. 11.33-34p4) and the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (Jan. 16.22-24p4)
- K11A52O 2011 AO52 (Q=4.478 AU, arc=5 days, H=17.9 ~891m) from Los Molinos Obs. (Jan. 19.17-18p12)
- H4050 174050 2002 CC19 from CSS (Jan. 5.53-54p2)
Observers on 19 January '11
Four observers appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) in Arizona, 2 in MPEC 2011-B11 -- 2011 AO75, 174050|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 2 in MPECs 2011-B11 & 2011-B17 -- 2011 AL37, 2008 CM20|
|844||Los Molinos Obs. in Uruguay, 1 in MPEC 2011-B11 -- 2011 AO52|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2011-B11 -- 2011 AO75|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 19 January '11
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 19 January '11
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|2359||Grabbed MPEC 2011-B17 - 2008 CM20 - see above|
|2022||Grabbed MPEC 2011-B12 - Observable Comets - see above|
Grabbed MPEC 2011-B13 - Atens and Apollos - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-B14 - Amors - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-B15 - Unusual Minor Planets - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2011-B16 - PHAs - see above
|1649||Grabbed MPEC 2011-B11 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|