Contents on 23 December '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- four observers
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 388 risk-listed objects, 350 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1711 UTC on 23 Dec.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Four objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1855 UTC on 23 Dec.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 23 December '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2307 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing.
New MPECs on 23 December '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
There was one MPEC posted this day from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10W08Z 2010 WZ8 from Castelmartini Obs. (Dec. 15.10-11p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K10W08P 2010 WP8 (arc=2 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Dec. 13.84-85p3)
- K10L86F 2010 LF86 (arc=193 days, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Altamira Obs. (Dec. 21.88-90p3)
- K10J33L 2010 JL33 (Q=4.634 AU, arc=4 opp, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Dec. 22.55-59p3 & 22.65-66p7)
- K10C01R 2010 CR1 (q=0.366 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.5 ~676m) from WISE (Jan. 23.96p1 & 24.10p1)
- K06V14B 2006 VB14 (arc=3 opp, H=18.5 ~676m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Dec. 22.49-53p4)
- K00A06C 2000 AC6 (arc=4 opp, H=21.5 ~170m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Dec. 22.62-63p3)
- K7945 207945 1991 JW from Altamira Obs. (Dec. 21.81-82p3)
- E3381 143381 2003 BC21 from Altamira Obs. (Dec. 21.87-88p3)
Observers on 23 December '10
Four observers appeared in this day's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|J24||Altamira Obs. in the Canary Islands, 3 in MPEC 2010-Y22 -- 2010 LF86, 207945, 143381|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2010-Y22 -- 2010 WZ8, 2010 WP8|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 3 in MPEC 2010-Y22 -- 2010 JL33, 2006 VB14, 2000 AC6|
|C51||WISE in Earth polar orbit, 1 in MPEC 2010-Y22 -- 2010 CR1|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Chronology on 23 December '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1710||Grabbed MPEC 2010-Y22 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|