Contents on 26 October '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- seven observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Note: These A/CC news pages will resume regular updating on Thursday, October 28th.
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 347 risk-listed objects, 36 have had news in the last 31 days. Updated at 1713 UTC on 26 Oct.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Four objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1840 UTC on 26 Oct.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 26 October '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty and hasn't been noted by The Tracking News as being active yet today (checked at 1901 UTC). It was last noted active on October 22nd.
New MPECs on 26 October '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 1901 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10T19G 2010 TG19 (small asteroid, arc=15 days, H=23.9 ~56m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.85p5)
- F3814 153814 2001 WN5 from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.88p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10U00P 2010 UP (arc=7 days, H=24.7 ~39m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Oct. 25.92-93p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K10TG8X 2010 TX168 (arc=14 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Faulkes Telescope South (Oct. 20.56-59p7) and Guidestar Obs. (Oct. 25.82-83p4)
- K10T54F 2010 TF54 (Q=5.516 AU, arc=16 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.84p3)
- K10R80N 2010 RN80 (arc=43 days, H=20.1 ~323m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.77-78p3)
- K10P10M 2010 PM10 (arc=76 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.92p3)
- K10L63Y 2010 LY63 (arc=4 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.89-90p3), Jaen Obs. (Oct. 25.77-78p3), and Siegen Obs. (Oct. 25.90-92p4)
- K07VI9G 2007 VG189 (arc=2 opp, H=19.5 ~426m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.88-89p3)
- K07R17U 2007 RU17 (q=0.351 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.1 ~812m) from Siegen Obs. (Oct. 25.88-90p4) and North Obs. (Oct. 25.91p5)
- K05T15B 2005 TB15 (arc=2 opp, H=19.3 ~467m) from Siegen Obs. (Oct. 25.94-96p2)
- K03U11V 2003 UV11 (q=0.344 AU, arc=4 opp, H=19.4 ~446m) from Faulkes South (Oct. 20.58p7), Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.96p3), North Obs. (Oct. 25.85-87p10), and Siegen Obs. (Oct. 25.99-00p5)
- I9011 189011 Ogmios (1997 NJ6) from Guidestar Obs. (Oct. 25.78-81p3)
- F4029 154029 2002 CY46 from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.77p3)
- E3381 143381 2003 BC21 from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.87-88p3)
- D7032 137032 1998 UO1 from Castelmartini Obs. (Oct. 20.85p3) and Siegen Obs. (Oct. 25.86-87p4)
- 04954 4954 Eric (1990 SQ) from Siegen Obs. (Oct. 26.03-05p3)
Observers on 26 October '10
Seven observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 11 in MPEC 2010-U38 -- 2010 TG19, 2010 TF54, 2010 RN80, 2010 PM10, 2010 LY63, 2007 VG189, 2003 UV11, 154029, 153814, 143381, 137032|
|E10||Faulkes Telescope South in New South Wales, 2 in MPEC 2010-U38 -- 2010 TX168, 2003 UV11|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2010-U38 -- 2010 UP|
|A17||Guidestar Obs. in Germany, 2 in MPEC 2010-U38 -- 2010 TX168, 189011|
|J28||Jaen Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2010-U38 -- 2010 LY63|
|J69||North Obs. in England, 2 in MPEC 2010-U38 -- 2007 RU17, 2003 UV11|
|510||Siegen Obs. in Germany, 6 in MPEC 2010-U38 -- 2010 LY63, 2007 RU17, 2005 TB15, 2003 UV11, 137032, 4954|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 26 October '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 1901 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 26 October '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1709||Grabbed MPEC 2010-U38 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|