Contents on 24 September '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- sixteen observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 334 risk-listed objects, 23 have had news in the last 30 days. Updated at 1614 UTC 24 Sept.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1642 UTC 24 Sept.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 24 September '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings: 3 new
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three new listings. So far The Tracking News has counted a total of four listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 24 September '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2010-S40 time-stamped "06:10 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2010-S41 time-stamped "19:55 UT" - Comet C/2010 S1 (LINEAR)
MPEC 2010-S41 - "19:55 UT" - Comet C/2010 S1 (LINEAR)
- CK10S010 C/2010 S1 (LINEAR) (i=126.9°, q=4.409 AU, TP=2013 May 9.420 TT) from LINEAR (Sept. 21.36-41p4), Tzec Maun Obs. Mayhill (Sept. 22.31-32p2 & 24.31-32p3), Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (Sept. 23.26-28p5), Table Mtn. Obs. (Sept. 23.39-41p4 & 24.39-41p4), Farra d'Isonzo Obs. (Sept. 23.91-92p2), Moletai Obs. (Sept. 23.91-93p4), Modra Obs. (Sept. 24.05-09p3), Magdalena Ridge Obs. (MRO) (Sept. 24.28-35p5), RAS Obs. Mayhill (Sept. 24.29-30p2), and Sandlot Obs. (Sept. 24.41-42p2)
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10S00D 2010 SD (small asteroid, arc=18 days, H=24.8 ~37m) from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (Sept. 3.29-31p4, 4.30-32p4 & 4.42p4)
- K10RD0C 2010 RC130 (arc=8 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.95p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K10R80P 2010 RP80 (Q=4.805 AU, arc=11 days, H=20.7 ~245m) from Lumijoki Obs. (Sept. 16.91p3)
- K10R80N 2010 RN80 (arc=13 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from Los Molinos Obs. (Sept. 23.20-22p4)
- K10P10M 2010 PM10 (arc=48 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.99-00p3)
- K10M87R 2010 MR87 (arc=93 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.86-87p3)
- K10M01F 2010 MF1 (arc=97 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.85p3) and Bigmuskie Obs. (Sept. 23.86-90p3)
- K10L63Y 2010 LY63 (arc=4 opp, H=17.7 ~977m) from Los Molinos Obs. (Sept. 23.23-25p6)
- K07VI9G 2007 VG189 (arc=2 opp, H=19.5 ~426m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.93p3)
- K00T01J 2000 TJ1 (i=39.5°, arc=3 opp, H=19.1 ~513m) from Herrenberg Obs. (Sept. 21.81-82p3) and Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.98p3)
- O3147 243147 2007 TX18 from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.98-99p2)
- N7442 237442 1999 TA10 from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.92p2)
- G2269 162269 1999 VO6 from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 23.02-03p3)
- F4029 154029 2002 CY46 from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.86p3)
- E3381 143381 2003 BC21 from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.95-96p3)
- D8847 138847 2000 VE62 from Herrenberg Obs. (Sept. 21.83-84p3)
- 04486 4486 Mithra (1987 SB) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 22.00p3)
- 02212 2212 Hephaistos (1978 SB) from Castelmartini Obs. (Sept. 23.01p3)
Observers on 24 September '10
Sixteen observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|B88||Bigmuskie Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2010-S40 -- 2010 MF1|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 13 in MPEC 2010-S40 -- 2010 RC130, 2010 PM10, 2010 MR87, 2010 MF1, 2007 VG189, 2000 TJ1, 243147, 237442, 162269, 154029, 143381, 4486, 2212|
|595||Farra d'Isonzo Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|240||Herrenberg Obs. in Germany, 2 in MPEC 2010-S40 -- 2000 TJ1, 138847|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|844||Los Molinos Obs. in Uruguay, 2 in MPEC 2010-S40 -- 2010 RN80, 2010 LY63|
|A70||Lumijoki Obs. in Finland, 1 in MPEC 2010-S40 -- 2010 RP80|
|H01||Magdalena Ridge Obs. in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|118||Modra Obs. in Slovakia, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|152||Moletai Obs. in Lithuania, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2010-S40 -- 2010 SD|
|H06||RAS Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|673||Table Mtn. Obs. in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|H10||Tzec Maun Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2010-S41 -- C/2010 S1|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 24 September '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.