Contents on 3 August '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- twelve observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 324 risk-listed objects, 17 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1456 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 0111 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 3 August '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 17 listings: 10 new, 7 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had ten new and seven updated listings. Of these, seven were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of 29 listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 3 August '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been seven MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2010-P06 time-stamped "06:08 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2010-P07 time-stamped "12:07 UT" - 2010 OA101 - see below
- MPEC 2010-P08 time-stamped "12:12 UT" - 2010 OB101 - see below
- MPEC 2010-P09 time-stamped "12:15 UT" - 2010 OC101 - see below
- MPEC 2010-P10 time-stamped "12:18 UT" - 2010 OD101 - see below
- MPEC 2010-P11 time-stamped "12:20 UT" - 2010 OE101 - see below
- MPEC 2010-P12 time-stamped "12:27 UT" - 2010 OF101
MPEC 2010-P12 - "12:27 UT" - 2010 OF101
- K10OA1F 2010 OF101 (H=19.5 ~426m) was discovered at 0507 UT on 23 July by WISE, which observed it at July 23.21p1, 23.35p1, 23.61p1, 23.74p1, 24.01p1, 24.40p1, 24.67p1, 24.80p1, 24.93p1, 25.33p1, 25.46p1, 25.73p1, 25.86p1, 25.99p1, 26.26p1, 26.39p1, 26.79p1, 26.92p1, 27.05p1, 28.24p2, 28.50p1, 28.77p1, 29.03p1, 29.17p1, 29.30p2, 29.43p1, 29.63p1, 29.83p1, 29.96p1, 30.09p1, 30.16p1, 30.29p1, 30.36p1, 30.42p1, 30.62p1, 30.75p1, 30.82p2, 30.89p1, 31.22p1, 31.28p1, 31.42p1, 31.68p1, 31.75p1, 31.88p2, Aug. 1.08p1, 1.14p1, 1.34p2, 1.41p1, 1.54p1, 1.74p1, 1.80p1, 2.00p1, 2.13p1, 2.20p1, 2.33p1, and 2.47p1. The discovery was confirmed by Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (Aug. 2.10-13p4 & 3.11-13p2) and the Spacewatch 1.8m telescope (Aug. 3.20-21p3).
MPEC 2010-P11 - "12:20 UT" - 2010 OE101
- K10OA1E 2010 OE101 (Q=5.676 AU, H=17.8 ~933m) was discovered at 0028 UT on 25 July by WISE, which observed it at July 25.02p1, 25.15p1, 25.28p1, 25.42p1, 25.55p1, 25.68p1, 25.81p1, 25.95p1, 26.08p1, 26.21p1, 26.34p1, 26.48p1, 26.61p1, 26.74p1, 26.87p1, 27.00p1, 27.07p1, 27.14p1, 27.20p1, 27.27p1, 27.34p1, 27.40p1, 27.47p1, 27.53p1, 27.60p1, 27.67p1, 27.73p1, 27.80p2, 27.86p1, 27.93p2, 27.00p1, 28.06p2, 28.13p1, 28.20p2, 28.26p1, 28.39p1, 28.46p1, 28.53p1, 28.66p1, 28.79p1, 28.92p1, 29.06p1, 29.19p1, 29.32p1, 29.45p1, 29.58p1, 29.72p1, 29.85p1, 29.98p1, 30.11p1, 30.25p1, and 30.38p1. The discovery was confirmed by Sandlot Obs. (July 28.38-41p2 & 29.40-42p2), ARO Westfield (Aug. 2.32-34p3), and Spacewatch 1.8m (Aug. 3.38-42p6).
MPEC 2010-P10 - "12:18 UT" - 2010 OD101
- K10OA1D 2010 OD101 (H=20.7 ~245m) was discovered at 0704 UT on 23 July by WISE, which observed it at July 23.29p1, 23.43p1, 23.63p2, 23.82p1, 23.89p1, 23.96p1, 24.02p1, 24.09p1, 24.29p1, 24.35p1, 24.42p1, 24.55p1, 24.68p1, 24.82p1, and 24.95p1. The discovery was confirmed by ARO Westfield (Aug. 2.34-37p3).
MPEC 2010-P09 - "12:15 UT" - 2010 OC101
- K10OA1C 2010 OC101 (H=21.2 ~195m) was discovered at 2254 UT on 22 July by WISE, which observed it at July 22.95p1, 23.02p1, 23.09p1, 23.22p1, 23.29p1, and 23.35p1. The discovery was confirmed by ARO Westfield (July 30.17-22p4 & Aug. 3.15-17p3).
MPEC 2010-P08 - "12:12 UT" - 2010 OB101
- K10OA1B 2010 OB101 (H=20.4 ~282m) was discovered at 0631 UT on 18 July by WISE, which observed it at July 18.27p1, 18.40p1, 18.54p1, 18.67p1, 18.73p1, 18.80p1, 18.87p1, 18.00p1, 19.13p1, and 19.26p1. The discovery was confirmed by ARO Westfield (July 23.35-38p5) and Spacewatch 1.8m (Aug. 3.33-34p3).
MPEC 2010-P07 - "12:07 UT" - 2010 OA101
- K10OA1A 2010 OA101 (i=84.3°, Q=7.388 AU, H=18.5 ~676m) was discovered at 0155 UT on 17 July by WISE, which observed it at July 17.08p1, 17.21p1, 17.34p1, 17.48p1, 17.54p1, 17.61p1, 17.68p1, 17.74p1, 17.81p1, 17.87p1, and 17.94p1. The discovery was confirmed by Sandlot Obs. (July 22.40-42p2, 23.41-42p2 & Aug. 3.41-42p2), ARO Westfield (July 23.28-32p3), and Spacewatch 1.8m (Aug. 3.35-36p3).
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10N02B 2010 NB2 (arc=23 days, H=20.3 ~295m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 2.16-20p3 at V=22.0-22.3)
- Observations of other objects
- K10OA0L 2010 OL100 from Sandlot Obs. (Aug. 2.13-14p3)
- K10N01U 2010 NU1 (arc=8 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (July 15.36-37p2 at R=22.1-5)
- K10M01F 2010 MF1 (arc=45 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from Wishing Star Obs. (Aug. 2.05-06p3)
- K10L15E 2010 LE15 (arc=2 opp, H=19.5 ~426m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Aug. 1.07p3)
- K10G07S 2010 GS7 (Q=4.477 AU, arc=117 days, H=21.5 ~170m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 2.29-32p3 at V=21.8-22.1)
- K10F92O 2010 FO92 (arc=135 days, H=19.9 ~355m) from Santa Mama Obs. (Aug. 1.85-86p4) and Wishing Star Obs. (Aug. 2.08-09p3)
- K10E45V 2010 EV45 (arc=2 opp, H=19.8 ~371m) from LINEAR (Aug. 2.28-32p4)
- K08A28T 2008 AT28 (arc=2 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from LINEAR (Aug. 2.33-38p3)
- K07M13L 2007 ML13 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from Crni Vrh Obs. (Aug. 2.94-96p4)
- K02Q06Y 2002 QY6 (q=0.246 AU, arc=4 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Aug. 1.92p3)
- K02O04S 2002 OS4 (arc=3 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from Jaen Obs. (Aug. 2.94-96p2)
- K02N71E 2002 NE71 (arc=2 opp, H=19.5 ~426m) from Shenton Park Obs. (Aug. 2.74-76p2)
- K00Y04K 2000 YK4 (arc=3 opp, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 2.21-26p3 at V=22.3-6)
- E3381 143381 2003 BC21 from Castelmartini Obs. (July 31.00p3)
- A0926 100926 1998 MQ from Castelmartini Obs. (Aug. 1.91-92p3)
- 09202 9202 1993 PB from Crni Vrh Obs. (Aug. 2.04-07p4)
- 05011 5011 Ptah (6743 P-L) from LINEAR (Aug. 2.40-44p4)
- 03752 3752 Camillo (1985 PA) from Castelmartini Obs. (Aug. 1.91p1)
Observers on 3 August '10
Twelve observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 9 in MPECs 2010-P06, 2010-P07, 2010-P08, 2010-P09, 2010-P10, 2010-P11 & 2010-P12 -- 2010 OF101, 2010 OE101, 2010 OD101, 2010 OC101, 2010 OB101, 2010 OA101, 2010 NB2, 2010 GS7, 2000 YK4|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 5 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2010 LE15, 2002 QY6, 143381, 100926, 3752|
|106||Crni Vrh Obs. in Slovenia, 2 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2007 ML13, 9202|
|J28||Jaen Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2002 OS4|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 3 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2010 EV45, 2008 AT28, 5011|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2010 NU1|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 3 in MPECs 2010-P06, 2010-P07 & 2010-P11 -- 2010 OL100, 2010 OE101, 2010 OA101|
|B38||Santa Mama Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2010 FO92|
|D21||Shenton Park Obs. in Western Australia, 1 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2002 NE71|
|291||Spacewatch 1.8m telescope in Arizona, 4 in MPECs 2010-P07, 2010-P08, 2010-P11 & 2010-P12 -- 2010 OF101, 2010 OE101, 2010 OB101, 2010 OA101|
|C51||WISE in Earth polar orbit, 6 in MPECs 2010-P07, 2010-P08, 2010-P09, 2010-P10, 2010-P11 & 2010-P12 -- 2010 OF101, 2010 OE101, 2010 OD101, 2010 OC101, 2010 OB101, 2010 OA101|
|I15||Wishing Star Obs. in Rhode Island, 2 in MPEC 2010-P06 -- 2010 MF1, 2010 FO92|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 3 August '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 3 August '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1456||Grabbed MPEC 2010-P06 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|
Grabbed MPEC 2010-P07 - 2010 OA101 - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-P08 - 2010 OB101 - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-P09 - 2010 OC101 - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-P10 - 2010 OD101 - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-P11 - 2010 OE101 - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-P12 - 2010 OF101 - see above