Contents on 2 August '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- thirteen observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 324 risk-listed objects, 17 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1503 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 0052 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 2 August '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 18 listings: 6 new, 12 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had six new and twelve updated listings. Of these, two were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of nineteen listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 2 August '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been three MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2010-P03 time-stamped "00:36 UT" - 2010 OL100 - see below
- MPEC 2010-P04 time-stamped "06:09 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2010-P05 time-stamped "17:31 UT" - 2002 NE71
MPEC 2010-P05 - "17:31 UT" - 2002 NE71
- K02N71E 2002 NE71 (H=19.5 ~426m) from Shenton Park Obs. (Aug. 1.81-83p3 & 2.64-66p5)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10N01K 2010 NK1 (arc=25 days, H=22.4 ~112m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (Aug. 1.17-19p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K10O22S 2010 OS22 (arc=12 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from ISON-NM Obs. (Aug. 1.40-41p3)
- K10M01F 2010 MF1 from Bigmuskie Obs. (Aug. 1.83-87p3)
- K10L63Y 2010 LY63 (arc=49 days, H=17.7 ~977m) from Shenton Park Obs. (July 31.50-53p3)
- K10E45V 2010 EV45 (arc=2 opp, H=19.8 ~371m) from La Sagra Obs. (July 30.90-93p3)
- K10E20H 2010 EH20 (arc=147 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 1.17-20p5)
- K10CH1J 2010 CJ171 (arc=168 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from ARO Westfield (Aug. 1.21-22p3)
- K08O09S 2008 OS9 (arc=2 opp, H=19.4 ~446m) from Castelmartini Obs. (July 31.93p3)
- K08A28T 2008 AT28 (arc=2 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Shenton Park Obs. (Aug. 1.73-77p3)
- K02O04S 2002 OS4 (arc=3 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from Castelmartini Obs. (July 31.95p3)
- K00R11S 2000 RS11 (arc=5 opp, H=19.0 ~537m) from Jim Bedient via Faulkes Telescope North (Aug. 1.32-33p3)
- N7442 237442 1999 TA10 from Santa Mama Obs. (Aug. 1.88-91p5)
- I9011 189011 Ogmios (1997 NJ6) from Walnut Creek Obs. (Aug. 2.20-24p4)
- G1998 161998 1988 PA from Castelmartini Obs. (July 31.91-92p3) and Thompsonville Obs. (Aug. 2.13-14p6)
- D8404 138404 2000 HA24 from La Sagra Obs. (Aug. 2.13-16p3)
- A0926 100926 1998 MQ from Jaen Obs. (Aug. 1.89-93p3)
- 85989 85989 1999 JD6 from Santa Mama Obs. (Aug. 1.82-83p2)
- 53789 53789 2000 ED104 from Bigmuskie Obs. (Aug. 1.92-94p3)
- 04055 4055 Magellan (1985 DO2) from Thompsonville Obs. (Aug. 2.10-11p6)
MPEC 2010-P03 - "00:36 UT" - 2010 OL100
Observers on 2 August '10
Thirteen observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 4 in MPECs 2010-P03 & 2010-P04 -- 2010 OL100, 2010 NK1, 2010 EH20, 2010 CJ171|
|B88||Bigmuskie Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 2010 MF1, 53789|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 2008 OS9, 2002 OS4, 161998|
|F654||Jim Bedient in Hawaii via Faulkes Telescope North in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 2000 RS11|
|H15||ISON-NM Obs. in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 2010 OS22|
|J28||Jaen Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 100926|
|J75||La Sagra Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 2010 EV45, 138404|
|118||Modra Obs. in Slovakia, 1 in MPEC 2010-P03 -- 2010 OL100|
|B38||Santa Mama Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 85989, 237442|
|D21||Shenton Park Obs. in Western Australia, 3 in MPECs 2010-P04 & 2010-P05 -- 2010 LY63, 2008 AT28, 2002 NE71|
|H53||Thompsonville Obs. in Illinois, 2 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 161998, 4055|
|C51||WISE in Earth polar orbit, 1 in MPEC 2010-P03 -- 2010 OL100|
|G56||Walnut Creek Obs. in northern California, 1 in MPEC 2010-P04 -- 189011|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 2 August '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.