Contents on 31 July '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 324 risk-listed objects, 17 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1449 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1457 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 31 July '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 19 listings: 11 new, 8 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had eleven new and eight updated listings. Of these, three were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 31 July '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10O00C 2010 OC (Q=4.924 AU, arc=12 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from Guidestar Obs. (July 31.04-07p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10F81A 2010 FA81 (arc=48 days, H=22.3 ~117m) from WISE (March 29.79p1, 30.45p1, 30.71p1, 30.85p1 & 30.98p1)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K10O00B 2010 OB (Q=4.387 AU, arc=12 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 30.25-27p3)
- K10F81H 2010 FH81 (arc=81 days, H=21.8 ~148m) from WISE (March 30.78p1)
- Observations of other objects
- K10O22S 2010 OS22 (arc=10 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from WISE (July 25.15p1)
- K10GE7V 2010 GV147 (i=44.0°, q=0.326 AU, arc=54 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from WISE (April 16.01p1)
- K10G23K 2010 GK23 (Q=5.352 AU, arc=8 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from WISE (April 4.87p1)
- K10F81J 2010 FJ81 (i=42.2°, Q=6.069 AU, arc=71 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from WISE (March 29.13p1, 29.59p1, 29.72p1, 30.19p1, 30.39p1, 30.52p1, 30.78p1, April 2.63p1, 2.83p1, 3.16p1, 3.36p2, 3.42p1, 3.55p1, 3.62p1, 3.69p1, 4.08p1, 4.28p1 & 4.35p1)
- K10F81B 2010 FB81 (Q=4.136 AU, arc=118 days, H=21.4 ~178m) from WISE (March 30.57p1, 31.03p1, 31.69p1, 31.83p1 & 31.96p1)
- K10F00L 2010 FL (arc=2 opp, H=19.3 ~467m) from WISE (April 19.55p1)
- K10D56M 2010 DM56 (arc=120 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from WISE (April 2.48p1, 2.54p1, 2.61p1, 2.67p1, 2.74p1, 2.87p1, 3.01p1, 3.14p1, 3.27p1, 3.40p1, 3.53p1, 3.67p1 & 3.80p1)
- K10C18H 2010 CH18 (Q=4.094 AU, arc=128 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from WISE (March 31.83p1, 31.90p1 & 31.96p1)
- K10C00M 2010 CM (Q=4.021 AU, arc=157 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from WISE (April 3.60p1, 3.73p1, 3.86p1, 3.00p1, 4.06p1, 4.20p1, 4.26p1, 4.33p1, 4.46p1, 4.59p1, 4.72p1 & 4.86p1)
- K10B02H 2010 BH2 (arc=149 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from WISE (April 2.55p1, 2.81p1, 3.01p1, 3.08p1, 3.47p1 & 3.74p1)
- K07M13K 2007 MK13 (arc=3 opp, H=20.0 ~339m) from WISE (April 2.42p1, 2.81p1, 2.95p1, 3.08p1, 3.21p2, 3.34p1, 3.41p1, 3.47p1, 3.54p1, 3.61p1, 3.67p1, 3.74p1, 3.81p1, 3.87p1, 4.14p1, 4.20p1, 4.33p1, 4.40p1, 4.47p1, 4.53p1, 4.60p1, 4.00p1 & 5.13p1)
- K06O10U 2006 OU10 (arc=3 opp, H=17.8 ~933m) from WISE (April 2.58p1, 2.85p2, 2.98p1 & 3.11p1)
- K06B07T 2006 BT7 (arc=5 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from WISE (April 4.65p1, 4.79p1, 4.92p1, 4.98p1 & 5.12p1)
- K05R06R 2005 RR6 (Q=5.046 AU, arc=4 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (2006 June 2.27p1 at R=22.6 & 2006 June 2.32p1 at R=22.8)
- K05N01P 2005 NP1 (arc=3 opp, H=18.7 ~616m) from WISE (April 4.17p2, 4.24p1, 4.30p1, 4.50p1 & 4.70p1)
- K04Q24U 2004 QU24 (Q=5.364 AU, arc=5 opp, H=16.0 ~2.14 km, q=1.284 AU) from WISE (July 22.91p1, 23.04p1, 23.17p1, 23.43p1 & 23.83p1)
- K03Q05H 2003 QH5 (arc=2 opp, H=20.1 ~323m) from WISE (March 30.10p1 & 30.29p1)
- K01X00D 2001 XD (arc=5 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from WISE (April 19.55p1)
- K00T01J 2000 TJ1 (i=39.5°, arc=3 opp, H=18.9 ~562m) from WISE (April 1.90p1, 2.04p1, 2.17p1, 2.30p1, 2.43p1, 2.70p1, 2.83p1, 2.90p1, 2.96p1, 3.03p1, 3.09p1, 3.36p1, 3.49p1, 3.62p1, 3.76p1, 3.89p1, 3.95p1, 4.02p1, 4.22p1, 4.29p1, 4.35p1 & 4.48p1)
- J99XQ2X 1999 XX262 (arc=5 opp, H=17.7 ~977m) from WISE (April 2.58p1 & 2.71p1)
- G2903 162903 2001 JV2 from WISE (April 5.48p1, 5.55p1, 5.61p1, 5.68p1, 5.75p1, 5.81p1, 6.01p2, 10.51p1, 10.64p1 & 10.77p1)
- G1998 161998 1988 PA from Pallerols Obs. (July 25.90-96p7)
- F2558 152558 1990 SA from Jaen Obs. (July 30.89-90p3)
- D8013 138013 2000 CN101 from WISE (April 11.60p1)
- 88188 88188 2000 XH44 from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (July 17.60-64p4)
- 85989 85989 1999 JD6 from Pallerols Obs. (July 28.89-91p2)
- 85818 85818 1998 XM4 from Jaen Obs. (July 30.93-96p2)
- 27346 27346 2000 DN8 from WISE (April 5.19p1, 5.32p1, 5.45p1 & 5.59p1)
- 04954 4954 Eric (1990 SQ) from La Sagra Obs. (July 22.07-10p3)
Observers on 31 July '10
Eight observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 2010 OB|
|A17||Guidestar Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 2010 OC|
|J28||Jaen Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 85818, 152558|
|J75||La Sagra Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 4954|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 2005 RR6|
|C27||Pallerols Obs., 2 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 85989, 161998|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 88188|
|C51||WISE in Earth polar orbit, 24 in MPEC 2010-O52 -- 2010 OS22, 2010 GV147, 2010 GK23, 2010 FL, 2010 FJ81, 2010 FH81, 2010 FB81, 2010 FA81, 2010 DM56, 2010 CM, 2010 CH18, 2010 BH2, 2007 MK13, 2006 OU10, 2006 BT7, 2005 NP1, 2004 QU24, 2003 QH5, 2001 XD, 2000 TJ1, 1999 XX262, 27346, 162903, 138013|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 31 July '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 31 July '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1449||Grabbed MPEC 2010-O52 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|