Contents on 28 July '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 325 risk-listed objects, 19 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1429 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 0049 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 28 July '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 16 listings: 12 new, 4 updated
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had twelve new and four updated listings. Of these, four were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of seventeen listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 28 July '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2010-O45 time-stamped "06:06 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2010-O46 time-stamped "15:46 UT" - 2010 OS22
MPEC 2010-O46 - "15:46 UT" - 2010 OS22
- K10O22S 2010 OS22 (H=18.0 ~851m) was discovered at 0924 UT on 20 July by LINEAR, which observed it at July 20.39-43p4. The discovery was confirmed by WISE (July 25.22p1, 25.28p1, 25.35p1, 25.42p2, 25.55p1 & 25.68p1) and Sandlot Obs. (July 28.35-37p3).
- K09W26C 2009 WC26 (arc=2 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from Smolyan Obs. (July 13.01p2) and Bootes Obs. (July 27.89-90p3)
- O6138 246138 2007 OG3 from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 26.15-16p3)
- O3566 243566 1995 SA from ARO Westfield (July 24.11-12p4)
- N0979 230979 2005 AT42 from Smolyan Obs. (July 14.90-91p3)
- A0926 100926 1998 MQ from Castelmartini Obs. (July 27.82-83p5)
- 85989 85989 1999 JD6 from Castelmartini Obs. (July 27.84p1)
- 04055 4055 Magellan (1985 DO2) from Atlante Obs. (July 27.87-89p3)
- 01865 1865 Cerberus (1971 UA) from Bootes Obs. (July 26.94-95p3)
Observers on 28 July '10
Eight observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 2 in MPEC 2010-O45 -- 246138, 243566|
|J51||Atlante Obs. in the Canary Islands, 1 in MPEC 2010-O45 -- 4055|
|J05||Bootes Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2010-O45 -- 2009 WC26, 1865|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2010-O45 -- 85989, 100926|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2010-O46 -- 2010 OS22|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 1 in MPEC 2010-O46 -- 2010 OS22|
|071||Smolyan Obs. in Bulgaria, 2 in MPEC 2010-O45 -- 2009 WC26, 230979|
|C51||WISE in Earth polar orbit, 1 in MPEC 2010-O46 -- 2010 OS22|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 28 July '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.