Contents on 26 July '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- three observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Note: A/CC news pages will update infrequently today.
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 326 risk-listed objects, 20 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1228 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 0350 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 26 July '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 7 listings: 5 new, 2 updated
When last checked at 2313 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had five new and two updated listings. Of these, one was a "one nighter." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of eight listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 26 July '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2313 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10O00C 2010 OC (Q=4.696 AU, arc=5 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (July 24.29-30p2)
- K10M01F 2010 MF1 (arc=36 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from ARO Westfield (July 24.12-13p4)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K10O00B 2010 OB (Q=4.394 AU, arc=6 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from ARO Westfield (July 24.20-21p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K10O01Q 2010 OQ1 from Rolando Ligustri via RAS Obs. Moorook (July 22.74-75p2)
- K10O01P 2010 OP1 (Q=4.727 AU, arc=2 days, H=18.9 ~562m) from ARO Westfield (July 24.24-25p3)
- K10O00A 2010 OA (arc=8 days, H=20.4 ~282m) from Kevin Hills via RAS Obs. Moorook (July 25.67-69p3)
- K10N01G 2010 NG1 (arc=23 days, H=20.4 ~282m) from ARO Westfield (July 24.14-18p3)
- K09W26C 2009 WC26 (arc=2 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from ARO Westfield (July 24.19-21p4)
- K07M13L 2007 ML13 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from ARO Westfield (July 24.22-24p5)
- K07L00L 2007 LL (arc=4 opp, H=20.4 ~282m) from ARO Westfield (July 24.25-27p5)
- K06KB2Z 2006 KZ112 (i=37.8°, q=0.285 AU, Q=4.763 AU, arc=3 opp, H=16.7 ~1.55 km) from ARO Westfield (July 24.22-23p2)
- F2889 152889 2000 CF59 from Santa Mama Obs. (July 20.84-85p3 & 25.82-84p3)
Observers on 26 July '10
Three observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 9 in MPEC 2010-O35 -- 2010 OP1, 2010 OC, 2010 OB, 2010 NG1, 2010 MF1, 2009 WC26, 2007 ML13, 2007 LL, 2006 KZ112|
|D90*||Rolando Ligustri in Italy via RAS Obs. Moorook in South Australia, 1 in MPEC 2010-O35 -- 2010 OQ1|
|D90`||Kevin Hills in England via RAS Obs. Moorook in South Australia, 1 in MPEC 2010-O35 -- 2010 OA|
|B38||Santa Mama Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2010-O35 -- 152889|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 26 July '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2313 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 26 July '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|2313||Grabbed MPEC 2010-O35 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|