Contents on 25 July '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
Note: A/CC news pages will update infrequently today and tomorrow.
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 326 risk-listed objects, 20 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1142 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
No objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 0314 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 25 July '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 8 listings: 5 new, 3 updated
When last checked at 2355 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had five new and three updated listings. Of these, one was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 25 July '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2355 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10O00C 2010 OC (Q=4.696 AU, arc=4 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (July 21.80-83p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K10O01Q 2010 OQ1 from SSS (July 23.79p1)
- K10O01P 2010 OP1 from SSS (July 23.78p1)
- K10O00A 2010 OA (arc=1 day, H=20.4 ~282m) from SSS (July 21.61-62p2 & 23.74p3)
- K10L63Y 2010 LY63 (arc=40 days, H=17.7 ~977m) from SSS (July 22.49-52p3)
- K04M07O 2004 MO7 (arc=4 opp, H=18.9 ~562m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (June 19.27p4)
- K01X00U 2001 XU (Q=4.724 AU, arc=5 opp, H=19.2 ~490m) from Bergen-Enkheim Obs. (July 19.97-04p3)
- A0926 100926 1998 MQ from Jaen Obs. (July 24.87-91p3)
- 85989 85989 1999 JD6 from Thompsonville Obs. (July 25.11-12p6)
- 04055 4055 Magellan (1985 DO2) from Thompsonville Obs. (July 25.09-10p6)
Observers on 25 July '10
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|A74||Bergen-Enkheim Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2010-O34 -- 2001 XU|
|J28||Jaen Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2010-O34 -- 100926|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-O34 -- 2004 MO7|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 5 in MPEC 2010-O34 -- 2010 OQ1, 2010 OP1, 2010 OC, 2010 OA, 2010 LY63|
|H53||Thompsonville Obs. in Illinois, 2 in MPEC 2010-O34 -- 85989, 4055|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 25 July '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2355 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 25 July '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1141||Grabbed MPEC 2010-O34 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|