Contents on 29 June '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eleven observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 326 risk-listed objects, 23 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1456 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1855 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 29 June '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 8 listings: 5 new, 3 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had five new and three updated listings. Of these, one was a "one nighter." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of nine listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 29 June '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been three MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2010-M67 time-stamped "06:06 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2010-M68 time-stamped "15:27 UT" - 2010 MN51 - see below
- MPEC 2010-M69 time-stamped "16:14 UT" - 2005 YW36
MPEC 2010-M69 - "16:14 UT" - 2005 YW36
- K05Y36W 2005 YW36 (Q=4.450 AU, H=17.7 ~977m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (2006 March 5.23-24p4 at R=20.2-5, 2009 June 2.46-48p3 at R=23.1-3, May 15.56p2 at R=21.8-22.1 & June 19.52p3 at R=21.1-2)
MPEC 2010-M68 - "15:27 UT" - 2010 MN51
- K10M51N 2010 MN51 (H=18.2 ~776m) was discovered at 1033 UT on 23 June by the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS), which observed it at June 23.44-45p4 and 24.37p4. The discovery was confirmed by Richard Miles via Faulkes Telescope North (June 25.57p2) and Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (June 29.35-37p3).
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10M01F 2010 MF1 (arc=10 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from Tenagra II Obs. (June 28.16p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10K00Q 2010 KQ (arc=41 days, H=29.6 ~4m) from Miles/Faulkes North (June 26.49p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K10L14N 2010 LN14 (arc=22 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Tenagra II Obs. (June 28.16-18p3)
- K09U18V 2009 UV18 (Q=5.185 AU, arc=2 opp, H=16.0 ~2.14 km, q=1.167 AU) from Mirasteilas Obs. (June 28.94-95p3)
- K09S19T 2009 ST19 (arc=2 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from Betelgeuse Station (2009 Oct. 14.02p4)
- K09K05D 2009 KD5 (arc=3 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Jim Young via Table Mtn. Obs. (June 27.18-19p4)
- K09K03C 2009 KC3 (Q=5.447 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from Betelgeuse Sta. (2009 Oct. 14.01-02p5)
- K07VI9G 2007 VG189 (arc=2 opp, H=19.0 ~537m) from Mirasteilas Obs. (June 28.91-92p3)
- K06Y02Y 2006 YY2 (arc=2 opp, H=17.8 ~933m) from Naef Obs. (June 28.89-91p2)
- N2382 232382 2003 BT47 from WISE (June 21.52p1, 21.58p1, 21.65p1, 21.71p1, 21.98p1, 22.05p1, 22.11p2, 22.18p1, 22.24p1, 22.31p1, 22.38p1, 22.44p1, 22.51p1, 22.57p1, 22.64p1, 22.71p1, 22.97p2, 23.04p1, 23.10p1, 23.17p1, 23.24p1, 23.30p1, 23.43p1, 23.50p1, 23.57p1, 23.63p1, 23.70p1, 23.77p1, 23.96p1, 24.03p1, 24.10p1, 24.16p1, 24.23p1, 24.29p1, 24.36p1 & 24.43p1)
- I4990 184990 2006 KE89 from WISE (June 21.20p1, 21.33p1, 21.46p1, 21.59p1, 21.66p1, 21.73p1, 21.79p1, 21.86p1, 21.92p1, 22.06p2, 22.32p1 & 22.59p1)
- G2998 162998 2001 SK162 from WISE (June 21.06p1, 21.19p1, 21.32p1, 21.45p1, 21.65p2, 21.72p1, 21.78p1, 21.92p1, 21.98p1 & 22.97p1)
- F2558 152558 1990 SA from Naef Obs. (June 28.92-94p2)
- D8883 138883 2000 YL29 from Moletai Obs. (2007 April 17.86-89p4)
- 04055 4055 Magellan (1985 DO2) from Mirasteilas Obs. (June 28.97-98p3)
- 01036 1036 Ganymed (1924 TD) from WISE (June 22.11p1, 22.25p1, 22.38p1, 22.51p1, 22.58p1, 22.64p1, 22.71p1, 22.77p1, 22.84p1, 22.97p1, 23.11p2 & 23.24p2)
Observers on 29 June '10
Eleven observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2010-M68 -- 2010 MN51|
|B75||Betelgeuse Station in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2010-M67 -- 2009 ST19, 2009 KC3|
|F656||Richard Miles in England via Faulkes Telescope North in Hawaii, 2 in MPECs 2010-M67 & 2010-M68 -- 2010 MN51, 2010 KQ|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-M69 -- 2005 YW36|
|B67||Mirasteilas Obs. in Switzerland, 3 in MPEC 2010-M67 -- 2009 UV18, 2007 VG189, 4055|
|152||Moletai Obs. in Lithuania, 1 in MPEC 2010-M67 -- 138883|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2010-M68 -- 2010 MN51|
|A13||Naef Obs. in Switzerland, 2 in MPEC 2010-M67 -- 2006 YY2, 152558|
|6735||Jim Young via Table Mtn. Obs. in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2010-M67 -- 2009 KD5|
|926||Tenagra II Obs. in Arizona, 2 in MPEC 2010-M67 -- 2010 MF1, 2010 LN14|
|C51||WISE in Earth polar orbit, 4 in MPEC 2010-M67 -- 232382, 184990, 162998, 1036|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 29 June '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.