Contents on 26 June '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- nine observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
Of 326 risk-listed objects, 25 have had news in the last month. Updated at 1436 UTC.
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
Two objects are known to be within ten LD of Earth today. Updated at 1512 UTC.
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 26 June '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 16 listings: 11 new, 5 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had eleven new and five updated listings. Of these, five were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 26 June '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been eight MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2010-M57 time-stamped "06:07 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2010-M58 time-stamped "17:13 UT" - Observable Comets - see below
- MPEC 2010-M59 time-stamped "17:15 UT" - Distant Minor Planets - see below
- MPEC 2010-M60 time-stamped "17:20 UT" - Atens and Apollos - see below
- MPEC 2010-M61 time-stamped "17:20 UT" - Amors - see below
- MPEC 2010-M62 time-stamped "17:20 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets - see below
- MPEC 2010-M63 time-stamped "17:20 UT" - PHAs - see below
- MPEC 2010-M64 time-stamped "17:51 UT" - 2010 HG109
MPEC 2010-M64 - "17:51 UT" - 2010 HG109
- K10HA9G 2010 HG109 (KBO, q=30.539 AU, Q=49.141 AU, H=7.3 ~117 km) was discovered at 0558 UT on 21 April by Las Campanas Obs., which observed it at April 21.25p1, 21.30p1, and 21.39p1. The discovery was confirmed by Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. (CTIO) (June 9.02-07p3).
MPEC 2010-M63 - "17:20 UT" - PHAs
MPEC 2010-M62 - "17:20 UT" - Unusual Minor Planets
MPEC 2010-M61 - "17:20 UT" - Amors
MPEC 2010-M60 - "17:20 UT" - Atens and Apollos
MPEC 2010-M59 - "17:15 UT" - Distant Minor Planets
MPEC 2010-M58 - "17:13 UT" - Observable Comets
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10M01Y 2010 MY1 (arc=1 day, H=23.7 ~62m) from Farra d'Isonzo Obs. (June 23.87-90p2)
- K10M01J 2010 MJ1 (arc=6 days, H=23.5 ~68m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (June 25.31-33p3)
- K10K00Q 2010 KQ (arc=40 days, H=29.6 ~4m) from Richard Miles via Faulkes Telescope North (June 25.58p1)
- K10G34A 2010 GA34 (arc=74 days, H=22.5 ~107m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.31-32p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K10M01W 2010 MW1 (arc=3 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.26-28p3)
- K10M01P 2010 MP1 (arc=7 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.18-19p5) and Great Shefford Obs. (June 25.92-94p3)
- K10M01H 2010 MH1 (arc=6 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.18-20p3)
- K10L68M 2010 LM68 (arc=10 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.12-13p3)
- K10ED5C 2010 EC135 (arc=105 days, H=20.0 ~339m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.12-13p3)
- K10C18L 2010 CL18 (Q=4.186 AU, arc=132 days, H=18.3 ~741m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.26-28p3)
- K09X02C 2009 XC2 (Q=4.187 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.1 ~1.29 km) from ARO Westfield (June 25.33-35p3)
- K09SA3O 2009 SO103 (arc=2 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from ARO Westfield (June 25.23-25p3)
- K09K05D 2009 KD5 (arc=3 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Doc Greiner Research Obs. (DGRO) (June 25.17-18p4)
- K07X10B 2007 XB10 (i=41.4°, arc=2 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from DGRO (June 25.14-15p3)
- K07O03G 2007 OG3 (arc=3 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from Vicksburg Obs. (June 22.29-31p2)
- K06K21L 2006 KL21 (arc=2 opp, H=20.8 ~234m) from McCarthy Obs. (June 25.26-27p3)
- K06K01D 2006 KD1 (Q=4.430 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from ARO Westfield (June 25.28-30p3)
- K06H29R 2006 HR29 (arc=5 opp, H=20.7 ~245m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.24-25p3)
- K05N01P 2005 NP1 (arc=3 opp, H=18.7 ~616m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.29-31p4)
- K04J20X 2004 JX20 (arc=3 opp, H=19.4 ~446m) from ARO Westfield (June 25.19-21p5)
Observers on 26 June '10
Nine observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield in Illinois, 14 in MPEC 2010-M57 -- 2010 MW1, 2010 MP1, 2010 MJ1, 2010 MH1, 2010 LM68, 2010 GA34, 2010 EC135, 2010 CL18, 2009 XC2, 2009 SO103, 2006 KD1, 2006 HR29, 2005 NP1, 2004 JX20|
|807||Cerro Tololo Inter-American Obs. in Chile, 1 in MPEC 2010-M64 -- 2010 HG109|
|H26||Doc Greiner Research Obs. (DGRO) in Wisconsin, 2 in MPEC 2010-M57 -- 2009 KD5, 2007 XB10|
|595||Farra d'Isonzo Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2010-M57 -- 2010 MY1|
|F656||Richard Miles in England via Faulkes Telescope North in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-M57 -- 2010 KQ|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2010-M57 -- 2010 MP1|
|304||Las Campanas Obs. in Chile, 1 in MPEC 2010-M64 -- 2010 HG109|
|932||McCarthy Obs. in Connecticut, 1 in MPEC 2010-M57 -- 2006 KL21|
|H47||Vicksburg Obs. in Mississippi, 1 in MPEC 2010-M57 -- 2007 OG3|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 26 June '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 26 June '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1909||Grabbed MPEC 2010-M64 - 2010 HG109 - see above|
|1752||Grabbed MPEC 2010-M58 - Observable Comets - see above|
Grabbed MPEC 2010-M59 - Distant Minor Planets - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-M60 - Atens and Apollos - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-M61 - Amors - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-M62 - Unusual Minor Planets - see above
Grabbed MPEC 2010-M63 - PHAs - see above
|1436||Grabbed MPEC 2010-M57 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|