Contents on 31 March '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 31 March '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings: 1 new, 1 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new and one updated listing. Of these, one was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 31 March '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K10F09S 2010 FS9 (small asteroid, Q=4.111 AU, arc=7 days, H=24.9 ~35m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (March 27.06-07p2)
- K10F00R 2010 FR (arc=12 days, H=21.6 ~162m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 30.30-32p3)
- K10F00Q 2010 FQ (arc=10 days, H=19.9 ~355m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (March 27.01-02p5)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10F10A 2010 FA10 (arc=3 days, H=26.0 ~21m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (March 23.83-84p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K10F07F 2010 FF7 (q=0.243 AU, arc=11 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 30.34-39p3)
- K10F00P 2010 FP (Q=4.631 AU, arc=14 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from Montcabre Obs. (March 30.95-97p3)
- K10F00L 2010 FL (arc=13 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 30.22-27p3)
- K10E45V 2010 EV45 (arc=15 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 30.46-49p3)
- K10D34B 2010 DB34 (arc=34 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (March 26.86-88p3)
- K10CI0V 2010 CV180 (Q=4.904 AU, arc=43 days, H=18.7 ~616m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 30.18-19p2)
- K09X11E 2009 XE11 (Q=5.338 AU, arc=2 opp, H=16.9 ~1.41 km) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 30.10-13p2)
- J98K03N 1998 KN3 (q=0.195 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Modra Obs. (March 17.79-80p5) and Schiaparelli Obs. (March 23.81-82p3)
- L8863 218863 2006 WO127 from Red Barn Obs. (March 31.05-10p8)
- 68216 68216 2001 CV26 from Schiaparelli Obs. (March 26.96p1 & 26.00-03p2)
Observers on 31 March '10
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 6 in MPEC 2010-F100 -- 2010 FR, 2010 FL, 2010 FF7, 2010 EV45, 2010 CV180, 2009 XE11|
|118||Modra Obs. in Slovakia, 1 in MPEC 2010-F100 -- 1998 KN3|
|213||Montcabre Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2010-F100 -- 2010 FP|
|H68||Red Barn Obs. in Georgia, 1 in MPEC 2010-F100 -- 218863|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 6 in MPEC 2010-F100 -- 2010 FS9, 2010 FQ, 2010 FA10, 2010 DB34, 1998 KN3, 68216|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 31 March '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 31 March '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1400||Grabbed MPEC 2010-F100 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|