Contents on 29 March '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 29 March '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings: 2 updated
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had two updated listings. So far The Tracking News has counted a total of three listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 29 March '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K10CE1N 2010 CN141 (arc=38 days, H=22.4 ~112m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (March 24.43p1 at R=23.7)
- Observations of other objects
- K10F09Z 2010 FZ9 (arc=11 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 28.43-45p3)
- K10F00P 2010 FP (Q=4.619 AU, arc=11 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 28.27-30p3)
- K10D34B 2010 DB34 (arc=34 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from University Hills Obs. (March 27.33-35p2)
- K10D00P 2010 DP (i=36.4°, arc=40 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from Desert Moon Obs. (March 28.34-40p3)
- K10C44M 2010 CM44 (arc=43 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from University Hills Obs. (March 27.37-44p22)
- K09C05Q 2009 CQ5 (arc=2 opp, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from Boambee Obs. (March 27.40-42p3 & 28.37-41p3)
- F2637 152637 1997 NC1 from Desert Moon Obs. (March 28.47-50p3)
- 68359 68359 2001 OZ13 from La Sagra Obs. (March 28.06-09p3)
- 04055 4055 Magellan (1985 DO2) from La Sagra Obs. (March 27.14-16p3)
Observers on 29 March '10
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|432||Boambee Obs. in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2010-F91 -- 2009 CQ5|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 4 in MPEC 2010-F91 -- 2010 FZ9, 2010 FP, 2010 DP, 152637|
|J75||La Sagra Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2010-F91 -- 68359, 4055|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-F91 -- 2010 CN141|
|G72||University Hills Obs. in southern California, 2 in MPEC 2010-F91 -- 2010 DB34, 2010 CM44|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 29 March '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 29 March '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1500||Grabbed MPEC 2010-F91 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|