Contents on 4 February '10
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 4 February '10
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings: 2 new
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had two new listings.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 4 February '10
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K10B03T 2010 BT3 (Q=4.090 AU, arc=10 days, H=21.4 ~178m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 1.94-95p2)
- K10B03B 2010 BB3 (arc=13 days, H=20.1 ~323m) from Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (ARO Westfield) (Feb. 3.32-33p3)
- K10A00E 2010 AE (arc=29 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Feb. 3.59-61p5)
- K09W06R 2009 WR6 (arc=2 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from NEAT's GEODSS Haleakala telescope (1997 Feb. 3.28-34p5)
- K07B29G 2007 BG29 (arc=3 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 2.15-16p3)
- K06B06N 2006 BN6 (Q=4.352 AU, arc=4 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 1.89-90p3)
- K06A04O 2006 AO4 (Q=4.162 AU, arc=4 opp, H=15.5 ~2.69 km, q=1.098 AU) from La Sagra Obs. (Feb. 2.93-96p3) and Naef Obs. (Feb. 3.87-91p3)
- K04A01R 2004 AR1 (arc=4 opp, H=19.8 ~371m) from Naef Obs. (Feb. 3.88p1 & 3.92-93p2)
- K03B47T 2003 BT47 (arc=4 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from Monte Baldo Obs. (Feb. 3.91-92p4)
- K02L00V 2002 LV (arc=3 opp, H=16.6 ~1.62 km) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 1.82-83p2)
- N0549 230549 2003 BH from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 1.79-81p5)
- N0420 230420 2002 PP6 from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 1.86-87p5)
- H2722 172722 2004 BV102 from ARO Westfield (Feb. 3.34-35p2)
- F9402 159402 1999 AP10 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Jan. 26.48-49p3) and Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (Feb. 3.28-29p5)
- 54789 54789 2001 MZ7 from PJMSO (Feb. 3.28p5)
- 27346 27346 2000 DN8 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Feb. 3.51-52p6)
- 21088 21088 1992 BL2 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Feb. 3.62-64p3)
- 01862 1862 Apollo (1932 HA) from Naef Obs. (Feb. 3.88-93p3)
- 00433 433 Eros (1898 DQ) from Schiaparelli Obs. (Feb. 1.78-82p3)
Observers on 4 February '10
Eight observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H21||Astronomical Research Obs. Westfield (ARO Westfield) in Illinois, 2 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 2010 BB3, 172722|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 4 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 2010 AE, 27346, 21088, 159402|
|J75||La Sagra Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 2006 AO4|
|A99||Monte Baldo Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 2003 BT47|
|566||NEAT's GEODSS Haleakala telescope in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 2009 WR6|
|A13||Naef Obs. in Switzerland, 3 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 2006 AO4, 2004 AR1, 1862|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 2 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 54789, 159402|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 7 in MPEC 2010-C14 -- 2010 BT3, 2007 BG29, 2006 BN6, 2002 LV, 230549, 230420, 433|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 4 February '10
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 4 February '10
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1417||Grabbed MPEC 2010-C14 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|