Contents on 8 November '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- seven observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 8 November '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 15 listings: 6 new, 9 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had six new and nine updated listings. Of these, ten were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of sixteen listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 8 November '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K09U02E 2009 UE2 (arc=21 days, H=20.0 ~339m) from the Spacewatch 1.8m telescope (Nov. 8.18-20p3 at V=22.3)
- K09T12K 2009 TK12 (arc=25 days, H=20.5 ~269m) from Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (Nov. 7.02-03p6 & 8.06-07p7), Vicksburg Obs. (Nov. 7.14-15p3), Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Nov. 7.58-60p5), and Cordell-Lorenz Obs. (Nov. 8.14-18p4)
- K09T08K 2009 TK8 (arc=24 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from PJMSO (Nov. 7.08-09p6 & 8.07-08p6)
- K09SH2Q 2009 SQ172 (arc=41 days, H=18.3 ~741m) from Tanti Obs. (Nov. 8.23-24p3)
- K09S19T 2009 ST19 (arc=52 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Nov. 7.62-66p5)
- K07H04X 2007 HX4 (i=56.6°, arc=4 opp, H=17.8 ~933m) from Rio Cuarto Obs. (Nov. 8.09p3)
- K06T00K 2006 TK (arc=2 opp, H=19.7 ~389m) from Spacewatch 1.8m (Nov. 8.16-17p3)
- K05R06Q 2005 RQ6 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Nov. 7.47-54p9)
- L7796 217796 2000 TO64 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (Nov. 7.43-46p4)
- 03552 3552 Don Quixote (1983 SA) from Vicksburg Obs. (Nov. 7.06-07p3)
- 03361 3361 Orpheus (1982 HR) from Vicksburg Obs. (Nov. 7.16-17p3)
Observers on 8 November '09
Seven observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|850||Cordell-Lorenz Obs. in Tennessee, 1 in MPEC 2009-V24 -- 2009 TK12|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 4 in MPEC 2009-V24 -- 2009 TK12, 2009 ST19, 2005 RQ6, 217796|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 2 in MPEC 2009-V24 -- 2009 TK8, 2009 TK12|
|I20||Rio Cuarto Obs. in Argentina, 1 in MPEC 2009-V24 -- 2007 HX4|
|291||Spacewatch 1.8m telescope in Arizona, 2 in MPEC 2009-V24 -- 2009 UE2, 2006 TK|
|I19||Tanti Obs. in Argentina, 1 in MPEC 2009-V24 -- 2009 SQ172|
|H47||Vicksburg Obs. in Mississippi, 3 in MPEC 2009-V24 -- 2009 TK12, 3552, 3361|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 8 November '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 8 November '09
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1605||Grabbed MPEC 2009-V24 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|