Contents on 6 September '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- six observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- News image catalog - new 13-14 Aug. 2009
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 6 September '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty and hasn't been noted by The Tracking News as being active yet today (checked at 2358 UTC). It was last noted active on September 3rd.
New MPECs on 6 September '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K09Q09J 2009 QJ9 (Q=4.400 AU, arc=16 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from El Condor Obs. (Sept. 6.15-19p3)
- K09Q08E 2009 QE8 (arc=2 opp, H=18.1 ~812m) from NEAT's Mt. Palomar telescope (2002 Feb. 14.38-41p3)
- K09N00H 2009 NH (arc=57 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from El Condor Obs. (Sept. 6.21-22p3)
- K05M00C 2005 MC (Q=4.169 AU, arc=3 opp, H=16.4 ~1.78 km) from Bigmuskie Obs. (Sept. 5.94-95p3)
- K02N01P 2002 NP1 (arc=3 opp, H=17.7 ~977m) from Bigmuskie Obs. (Sept. 5.96-97p3)
- L7430 217430 2005 SN25 from Panker Obs. (Aug. 24.93-95p5)
- G3697 163697 2003 EF54 from Stammersdorf Obs. (Sept. 5.86p2)
- F9402 159402 1999 AP10 from Stammersdorf Obs. (Sept. 5.93-95p4)
- 17274 17274 2000 LC16 from Kiev Comet Station (Sept. 4.83-85p11) and Bigmuskie Obs. (Sept. 5.99p3)
- 02100 2100 Ra-Shalom (1978 RA) from Kiev Comet Station (Sept. 4.75-77p7)
- 01943 1943 Anteros (1973 EC) from Bigmuskie Obs. (Sept. 5.97-98p3)
- 00433 433 Eros (1898 DQ) from Stammersdorf Obs. (Sept. 5.87-90p7)
Observers on 6 September '09
Six observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|B88||Bigmuskie Obs. in Italy, 4 in MPEC 2009-R24 -- 2005 MC, 2002 NP1, 17274, 1943|
|I21||El Condor Obs. in Argentina, 2 in MPEC 2009-R24 -- 2009 QJ9, 2009 NH|
|585||Kiev Comet Station in the Ukraine, 2 in MPEC 2009-R24 -- 17274, 2100|
|644||NEAT's Mt. Palomar telescope in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2009-R24 -- 2009 QE8|
|A32||Panker Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2009-R24 -- 217430|
|A97||Stammersdorf Obs. in Austria, 3 in MPEC 2009-R24 -- 163697, 159402, 433|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 6 September '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 6 September '09
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1600||Grabbed MPEC 2009-R24 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|