Contents on 4 July '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- fourteen observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 4 July '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty. There were four listings noted earlier today.
New MPECs on 4 July '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been two MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2009-N09 time-stamped "06:07 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2009-N10 time-stamped "14:56 UT" - 2009 NE
MPEC 2009-N10 - "14:56 UT" - 2009 NE
- K09N00E 2009 NE was discovered at 0642 UT on 2 July by LINEAR, which observed it at July 2.28-30p3. The discovery was confirmed by Naef Obs. (July 2.92-94p4), Doc Greiner Research Obs. (DGRO) (July 3.16-17p3), Heath Rhoades via Table Mtn. Obs. (July 3.18-19p3), Walnut Creek Obs. (July 3.32-33p3), Balzaretto Obs. (July 3.87-91p3), Montcabre Obs. (July 3.92-94p3), Skylive Obs. (July 3.94-95p4), Great Shefford Obs. (July 3.95p3), and Farra d'Isonzo Obs. (July 4.06-07p2).
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K09N00A 2009 NA (Q=4.274 AU, arc=3 days, H=17.5 ~1.07 km) from Bergisch Gladbach Obs. (July 3.05-06p3) and La Sagra Obs. (July 4.13-14p3)
- K09M08N 2009 MN8 (small asteroid, arc=5 days, H=22.9 ~89m) from Tanti Obs. (July 3.35-36p3)
- K09L00X 2009 LX (Q=4.542 AU, arc=22 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Tanti Obs. (July 3.30p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K09M09C 2009 MC9 (arc=3 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from Tanti Obs. (July 3.32-33p3)
- K02L00V 2002 LV (arc=3 opp, H=16.6 ~1.62 km) from Bigmuskie Obs. (July 3.86p1 & 3.91-92p2)
- L2546 212546 2006 SV19 from Bigmuskie Obs. (July 3.86-91p3)
- 85989 85989 1999 JD6 from Bigmuskie Obs. (July 3.87-90p3)
Observers on 4 July '09
Fourteen observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|A81||Balzaretto Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|621||Bergisch Gladbach Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2009-N09 -- 2009 NA|
|B88||Bigmuskie Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2009-N09 -- 2002 LV, 85989, 212546|
|H26||Doc Greiner Research Obs. in Wisconsin, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|595||Farra d'Isonzo Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|J75||La Sagra Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2009-N09 -- 2009 NA|
|213||Montcabre Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|A13||Naef Obs. in Switzerland, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|B40||Skylive Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|6739||Heath Rhoades via Table Mtn. Obs. in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|I19||Tanti Obs. in Argentina, 3 in MPEC 2009-N09 -- 2009 MN8, 2009 MC9, 2009 LX|
|G56||Walnut Creek Obs. in northern California, 1 in MPEC 2009-N10 -- 2009 NE|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 4 July '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.