Contents on 21 June '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 21 June '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 8 listings: 1 new, 7 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new and seven updated listings. Of these, four were "one nighters." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of twelve listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 21 June '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K09M00A 2009 MA (arc=4 days, H=21.4 ~178m) from Doc Greiner Research Obs. (DGRO) (June 20.25-26p3)
- K09L00Q 2009 LQ (arc=10 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from Haute Provence Obs. (June 17.95-96p4) and Great Shefford Obs. (June 20.96-97p3)
- K03S84J 2003 SJ84 (i=36.7°, arc=2 opp, H=19.4 ~446m) from Ovidiu Vaduvescu via La Palma (Feb. 12.25-26p5)
- F4244 154244 2002 KL6 from Iluro Obs. (June 13.10p3)
Observers on 21 June '09
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H26||Doc Greiner Research Obs. in Wisconsin, 1 in MPEC 2009-M16 -- 2009 MA|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2009-M16 -- 2009 LQ|
|511||Haute Provence Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2009-M16 -- 2009 LQ|
|B19||Iluro Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2009-M16 -- 154244|
|950.||Ovidiu Vaduvescu via La Palma in the Canary Islands, 1 in MPEC 2009-M16 -- 2003 SJ84|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 21 June '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 21 June '09
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1514||Grabbed MPEC 2009-M16 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|