Contents on 7 May '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- six observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 7 May '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty. There was one listing noted earlier today.
New MPECs on 7 May '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K09J01G 2009 JG1 (arc=2 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (May 6.47-48p2 & 6.73p1)
- K09H82B 2009 HB82 (Q=4.413 AU, arc=13 days, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from SSS (May 6.80p2)
- K09H44V 2009 HV44 (i=37.9°, arc=15 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from Mirasteilas Obs. (May 6.92-94p3)
- K09D01L 2009 DL1 (arc=75 days, H=18.9 ~562m) from SSS (May 4.56-59p4)
- K09B81J 2009 BJ81 (arc=187 days, H=18.4 ~708m) from SSS (May 5.81-82p2)
- K08W02N 2008 WN2 (arc=193 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from SSS (May 5.56-58p3)
- K08S11V 2008 SV11 (Q=4.511 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Petrozavodsk Obs. (March 31.83-84p4)
- K06UL6R 2006 UR216 (arc=2 opp, H=19.7 ~389m) from SSS (May 6.82p1)
- K02N16W 2002 NW16 (arc=2 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from SSS (May 4.73-76p4)
- K02E06L 2002 EL6 (arc=3 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from Atlante Obs. (May 6.17-20p3) and the Spacewatch 0.9m telescope (May 6.42-45p2)
- D8883 138883 2000 YL29 from Naef Obs. (May 6.88-90p2)
- 52768 52768 1998 OR2 from SSS (May 3.66-68p3)
Observers on 7 May '09
Six observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|J51||Atlante Obs. in the Canary Islands, 1 in MPEC 2009-J32 -- 2002 EL6|
|B67||Mirasteilas Obs. in Switzerland, 1 in MPEC 2009-J32 -- 2009 HV44|
|A13||Naef Obs. in Switzerland, 1 in MPEC 2009-J32 -- 138883|
|B94||Petrozavodsk Obs., 1 in MPEC 2009-J32 -- 2008 SV11|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 8 in MPEC 2009-J32 -- 2009 JG1, 2009 HB82, 2009 DL1, 2009 BJ81, 2008 WN2, 2006 UR216, 2002 NW16, 52768|
|691||Spacewatch 0.9m telescope in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2009-J32 -- 2002 EL6|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 7 May '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.